DCS Flight School

Baxter

DCS Flight School  

63 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Flight School

• Very interested
    • Somewhat Interested
    • I have better things to do with my time

I don't think a heavily structured setup would be very helpful overall. The reason is DCS is a game, not a job or an actual class. People are going to show up when they want and do what they want. Trying to teach someone your way of doing something is unlikely to do anything but have them leave and never return. As such, an unstructured setup would be better.

To that end, I recommend creating a server named "Basic Training" or something along those lines and have volunteers there willing to help whoever shows up with whatever it is they want to learn. If they want to learn how to do a proper pattern, teach them that. If they want to learn to get off the ground and into a fight as quickly as possible, teach them that. If they just want some help on hitting targets with rockets, teach them that. The point is to be helpful rather than overbearing. You can't force anyone to come, so you have to be willing to teach what they want instead of trying to teach people your way of doing things. Some regularly scheduled formal classes could be included on it too of course, but you need that solid training server foundation first.

This setup has worked well in the New Wings servers in RoF. And the really nice thing about it is you don't have to have designated instructors. Anyone who's in the mood to help someone out can hop in for a bit with someone they picked up on another server. It just needs to be open, with voice comms available and well admined to keep any griefers out.