FC3 virus warning.

AussieFX

Hi just purchased FC3 in the sale, it has downloaded fine but when I look at my download folder it is marked as; "This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"

MSE hasn't detected anything but it I do have a message saying it's unsigned by the author.

I'm not overly concerned but thought I might check if anyone else has seen this. I own pretty much all the modules and haven't seen a warning such as this before with DCS products.

Convince 100 million people to purchase and download DCS World and all of the modules. Then it will be commonly downloaded. :thumbup:

This is a consequence of security software that uses user behavior statistics as a "risk predictor". Anything with an insufficient number of downloads triggers a flag, unless the publisher contacts (and pays) to get on the "good list."

They have other stronger warnings that pop up if a program is a KNOWN security risk.

You could scan the file for malware if you're still worried. I expect the result will be, "nothing dangerous was found in this file," though.

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.