HOTAS Cougar Throttle Microstick controls roll/pitch

Hadn't flown any fast movers in a while (not in 1.5. beta and not in 2.0 alpha) so today i went for a ride in an F-15C (in 2.0 alpha but the problem also exist in 1.5.2 beta as i found out).

Last time i flew one of the fast movers was in 1.2 and everything worked fine there.

But back to today...

Loaded my F-15 profile, did setup my controls in game and went for a flight. All seemed OK.

Then tried an intercept mission and microstick would not move the radar cursor like it would have done when in 1.2. Instead, it controlled the F-15C's pitch and roll (just as i can do with the stick).

Back into the controller setup, nothing special there, all seems OK.

Tried a few other things, no joy, microstick on the throttle would always controll the pitch/roll of the aircraft.

Jumped into the Su-27.... same thing. Microstick also controls pitch/roll here.

Checked 1.5.2 beta... same problem there...:joystick:

Changed to the A-10A and C where the microstick works just fine in both 1.5.2 and 2.0 and which i had flown until yesterday.

Read a bit through the forums, found a possible solution in removing the Input directory under Saved Games....., re-ran the DCS, Input dir was re-created, did setup my controls, microstick still controls pitch/roll.

Checked A-10 again, all is fine, microstick is controlling target designator.

Didn't copy any input setting over from previous install so that can't be the problem.

Can't check 1.2 anymore since i uninstalled that one.

Can't find anything wrong in the controller setup either so i'm open for idea's...:helpsmilie:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Solved:

Overlooked some ingame key bindings which didn't match the bindings from the controller (in this case the microstick). These where different because i don't use a qwerty keyboard so not all ingame key bindings correspond with the real output.

Example: Like pressing the "m" on a qwerty keyboard for turning on mirrors requires "," on mine or autopilot which requires an "a" pressed but i have to press the "q" instead for DCS to understand that i want to have autopilot on. My keyboard generates a "q" when the key is pressed but DCS understand this as an "a".

I then have 2 options, either change all the bindings ingame or change only those outputted by the controller (and only those that are different from a standard qwerty keyboard). This might be simple but it always isn't because the program which is used to program the controllers sees my "q" press as a real "q" because Windows sits in between and tells my program i have an azerty keyboard attached. But when i then load that profile into the controller, Windows is by-passed and the controllers generates an "a" instead.

For that same reason i had changed the key bindings for Target_Designator and Scan_Zone because they to had key bindings which don't match on either keyboard layout.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!