F-15C training missions

Hello everyone,

I am a new player (just got DCS yesterday), and I played around with the SU-25T for a bit, and then bought the F-15C. I downloaded the "F-15C Basic Flight Training Qualification" but I can't seem to find out how to install it. I went to "http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483" to download JSGME but then I got a virus alert that just showed a red screen warning me of an unsafe page. Can anyone explain to me on how to install that file or how to get training missions for the F-16?

Thanks in advance!

You can also get JSGME from here as well: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171237 (need to register at the amazing Subsim forums to download, but it's direct from the author and not potentially sketchy download sites).

Also, welcome to DCS! :)

Hello everyone,

I am a new player (just got DCS yesterday), and I played around with the SU-25T for a bit, and then bought the F-15C. I downloaded the "F-15C Basic Flight Training Qualification" but I can't seem to find out how to install it. I went to "http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483" to download JSGME but then I got a virus alert that just showed a red screen warning me of an unsafe page. Can anyone explain to me on how to install that file or how to get training missions for the F-16?

Thanks in advance!

I have those missions too. You may not need JSGME to use those missions, I have the full FC3 package which includes the F-15C and I just ran the installer. In my case it installed them under the \Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\EN\Campaigns\ folder and for a standalone F-15C install will probably install them to your \Mods\aircraft\F-15C\Missions\ folder. I have to select them via the Campaigns menu. You can work your way through them but you have two ways to approach it. Either battle through learning from mistakes and re-flying until you learn what the instructor is precisely looking for (it isn't always clear) or start out learning the basics yourself from reading the manual and practising takeoffs, landings, using the ATC etc. before taking on the training. Apart from ground handling there are no basic aircraft management training sessions, you are expected to have completed your 'basic training' but these guys do not provide that. These training missions are more 'advanced' training, beyond 'F-15C familiarisation and basics'. There is also sometimes conflict or misunderstanding between what the ATC tells you and what the 'instructor' tells you. It took me several attempts to get the 'Traffic Pattern' and 'Approach and Landing' precisely correct without getting failed. You have to fly very precisely to get 'passed'. For example the landing is best achieved by joining the traffic pattern first before attempting a landing although the ATC has already given you clearance to land. That is not spelled out by the instructor who presumably believes you already know this.

As there is only one training mission with the normal FC3 install (and perhaps the F-15C standalone?) you might find the attached useful. Save them to your \Saved Games\DCS\Missions folder ("My Missions" in the Mission menu). They are just very simple setups that allow you to familiarise yourself with startup, taxi, take off, flying around and landing in a 'safe' environment while you practice what is in the manual (these missions are easy enough to make in the ME if you want to do it yourself). Another is in the air ready for you to practice landing where you simply follow the flight plan, call up ATC and gain ILS for landing. Landing instructions are messaged to you in-flight. There is also one very simple setup for locking up and shooting down some tame targets. When you're comfortable do the training missions where you'll have to be much more precise.

F-15C Familiarisation.miz

F-15C Landing.miz

F-15C Missile Practice.miz

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance!

If you're talking about the Maple Flag Missions than you need to go to their website. They have step by step instructions on how to set up their campaigns. I have four of them, 3 for the A-10C and the F-15C campaigns. Its not too in-depth to set up. you just have to rename the file to .exe and away you go. I hope that helps you out. You wont need JSGME.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]