Touchbuddy compatibility?

Is any of those units available to connect to your PC via a network? i.e. a wireless connection to the router. If so I imagine it wouldnt be too difficult (provided the app is compiled as palm top friendly). Using Active sync etc.. I doubt it.

There is no Touchbuddy software that supports these platforms right now. Windows Mobile 5 or newer would be the best bet via activesync because it creates a network connection to your computer. Since the software is closed sourced it seems to be at the whim of the developers to come up with other software versions.

Hey Warthog, it only works on Windows, or Linux with WINE (apparently).

Regards,

Dodger

Are you saying that it will work with windows alone, and linux must have WINE or to work at all with windows or linux you must have WINE. What is WINE anyway? I'm sure you dont mean the beverage.

TouchBuddy is written on a win32 system, and runs on a win32 system.... there are no native ports for anything other than x86 CPU machines running windows. No IPaq, Arm, PalmOS, TI Calculators, Abacus, etc... just x86 Windows based systems. I do not have any of these other systems lying around to play with, and am not sure I could port them over anyway because of a lot of very specific win32 code.

About WINE (http://www.winehq.com)

Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available.