Kneepad position

Phantom_Mark

I searched......and I tried to find the correct sub forum and failed, so please forgive.

I am using A10C VC to create the correct positions for my little 8inc LCD's and have no problems displaying my MFD's etc, but one side effect, my kneepad doesn't show in the correct position and cannot find the right guide on how to move that into the correct screen by hand, as VC A10C does not offer drag and drop for the kneepad like it does with the MFD's and CDU.

In particular I am trying to make this work properly in DCS2alpha atm.

Thanks in advance, please make any guide or advice as simple as possible, which is why I use VC A10C to configure my screen positions !! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I used to do it manually but now I just use this app instead:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341

The reason being is that it has made it so easy to create custom kneeboards for each aircraft I have (as well as customize the position and even the colors)

But a quick google search also came up with this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129097

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I have a feeling I saw the Monitor.lua reference before, tried and failed to get working.....reason why not known.

I am using 4 screens 1 main flying screen, 2x 8inch LCD's for my MFD's which are positioned by A10C Virtual Cockpit Server program, all runs sweet as a nut with the exception of the Kneeboard, will check it again and the other program tho thanks very much indeed.

Edited by Phantom_Mark

@Maulkin: Tried the Kneepad program thing, no option presents itself within to set the position, despite appearing to offer the function, preferences are greyed out, just for the heck of it, and to humor the program (in case it was a prerequisite) I created a custom kneepad using the DCS A10C manual, still no dice tho :(

Thanks anyway.

@hansangb: Thanks will try some edits based on this thread, can't believe I have spent so much effort on something seemingly so simple lol, the screens were easier to setup than this :P

@Maulkin: Tried the Kneepad program thing, no option presents itself within to set the position, despite appearing to offer the function, preferences are greyed out, just for the heck of it, and to humor the program (in case it was a prerequisite) I created a custom kneepad using the DCS A10C manual, still no dice tho :(

Thanks anyway.

@hansangb: Thanks will try some edits based on this thread, can't believe I have spent so much effort on something seemingly so simple lol, the screens were easier to setup than this :P

Did you make sure to point the Kneeboard Builder app to your OpenAlpha installation in 'Options -> Preferences'?