Direct X 10 possible graphical power

For real-time nuke explosion from World in Conflict -> just look for it over Gametrailers or Gamespot.

And here's quick comparison of realtime DX9 and DX10 graphics in Crysis game.

DX9

dx9_5_small.jpg

DX10

dx10_5_small.jpg

Or in-game videos:

DX9: http://www4.incrysis.com/incrysis_dot_com_techdemo_2_1280_720_HD.zip

DX10: http://gamershell.com/download_16271.shtml

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I know, it has its limitations. Still I haven't seen a better one so far. Try to link us to the game that shows it better in real-time and full 3D.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

About the water in the first (real) screenshot: it looks like liquad metal, yuk. So ... 2000-ish (check out 3D Mark2000).

Best water is currently IL2 (the Shader Model 3.0 water), followed by Silent Hunter III.

This is really old but I just had to correct it. IL2 uses Direct X 8.0 which only has support for Shader Model 1.1, however IL2 does not use pixel shaders at all. Silent Hunter III does but its only pixel shader 1.4.

For those that dont know, there is a Direct X10 graphics card out now by Nvidia. The Geforce 8800. It has 512mb of ram on it and is $660. Nvidia also made a nforce board to go along with it that can support upto four of these cards. But its very buggy and you can expect a lot of crashs. Its faster and more stable to just have two cards for now, nvidia is working out all the bugs in their 4x SLI mobo. Its a brand new technology anyways.