Should I keep beta or re-install standalone 1.5?

I'm pretty new to DCS so I had been using 1.5 beta all this time.

Now i've seen that 1.5 is officially released so my question is. Should I keep playing with the beta or do a fresh install with the official 1.5 release?

Is there any way to go to the standard branch without having to re-download and re-install?

Cheers.

Thanks. Just tried that but I get an error message saying "Version 1.5.2.48727 is not available". Not sure if I wrote the correct command line.

If I just write update 1.5.2@release it tells me that i'm already up to date and nothing changes.

What exactly should I expect from correct use of this command line?

--- Log file: C:\Users\ALEXMO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\autoupdate_templog.txt

=== Log opened UTC 2016-01-07 14:42:32

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.12.52 (Windows NT 6.1.7601; Win64; en-GB)

INFO : cmdline: DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.2.48727@release

INFO : basedir: C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta\

INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openbeta

INFO : DCS/1.5.2.48726.137 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,F-15C,A-10C,FC3)

INFO : branch: openbeta

INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

INFO : Got reply from srv1.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Version 1.5.2.48727 is not available.

=== Log closed.

I just downloaded the 1.5 release installer. It coppied a majority of the files already on the computer. Easier than "possibly corrupting your install".

• Like 1

_:Windows 10 64 Bit, I7 3770 3.4Ghz, 16 Gigs Ram, GTX 960, TM Warthog, Track IR 5 w/Pro Clip:_

Is there any way to go to the standard branch without having to re-download and re-install?

I think the easiest way is something like this, if you have enough HDD space:

• Download the 1.5 Release installer from ED
  • Install it. Here's the cool thing: It will automatically detect your OpenBeta installation and copy as many files as possible from your local harddrive. :thumbup:
  • Only a few files will then be downloaded from the Internet; these should be files that have actually changed between OpenBeta and Release
  • All modules should work out of the box without further activation
  • Install missing modules via the Module Manager. Once again, existing files will be copied from the already installed OpenBeta.
  • It is usually advised to recreate your input profiles from scratch, but if you only started with 1.5 OpenBeta, it should be safe to copy them over:
    • Copy Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input to Saved Games\DCS\Config\ (or just copy the entire DCS.openbeta contents to the DCS folder, it should work okay. That would also copy your screenshots, downloaded missions, track files, pilot settings etcetera)
    • If you run into any trouble with the new 1.5 Release installation, delete or rename Saved Games\DCS to make sure that's not the reason something doesn't work

[*]Once you've checked that everything works okay and you have checked that you can actually fly every module you own, feel free to uninstall and delete the old OpenBeta installation to free up disk space. ;)

[*]If you plan to check out new features in the future and you have enough disk space, I'd personally just keep the OpenBeta installed

[*]Happy flying :thumbup:

Edited by Yurgon

I think the easiest way is something like this, if you have enough HDD space:

• Download the 1.5 Release installer from ED
  • Install it. Here's the cool thing: It will automatically detect your OpenBeta installation and copy as many files as possible from your local harddrive. :thumbup:
  • Only a few files will then be downloaded from the Internet; these should be files that have actually changed between OpenBeta and Release...

This is exactly what I did and it worked. Had a bit of trouble re-activating purchased modules but that's it.

Thanks. :thumbup: