Aircraft Repair Almost Entirely Cosmetic

ttaylor0024

I was hit with a missile earlier today losing my radar, RWR, and damaging the flight model which caused a heavy right rolling tendency and heavy drag from the missing nose cone covering the radar. After landing and repairing the aircraft looked completely fixed (no damage, nose cone back on, etc.) and the radar worked again, however everything else did not. The RWR was still broken as well as the flight model still rolled and acted as if the nose cone was still off because the aircraft wouldn't accelerate nearly as quickly and did not get anywhere near the same top speed.

Edited by ttaylor0024

Had a relatively similar issue after landing gear-up: plane damaged (left wing IIRC), but still on runway. Called for repair; waited; got it (visually).

Started-up again, but as soon as airborne, massive left roll, got inverted, crashed.

Haven't time now to investigate more or to report internally. Hope a tester will do it :)

++

Az'

spacer.png

I can confirm this. The radar gets fixed but not the FM. I would add that after you fix the plane, you respawn again, it would be counted in MP as a death and a kill for the guy who damaged you. It seems to me related to the same issue rather than to MP.

I read through the latest change log and switching aircraft in MP counts as a loss. I agree that it shouldn't however I don't know if that's their issue or not.

I read through the latest change log and switching aircraft in MP counts as a loss. I agree that it shouldn't however I don't know if that's their issue or not.

Strange, I remember testing switching between planes and they weren't counted as a loss.

Anyways, the faulty FM after repair is confirmed.

Soooooo...

Has anyone who confirmed this put in a bug report?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.