LGB / JTAC works!

tflash

reporting

managed to kill only two targets in a single flyby with this technique (those were tanks - so after first explosion they start changing position)

I don't think it's possible to kill more since you really have to wait ~30seconds between the drops. I start bombing at 16.6km (9nm) from the FPM (as you said), but after first drop the range is not being calculated correctly (reducing too slowly) - so I just wait for ~30sec to drop another bomb so it could have different trajectory and distance to the target.

The delay between explosions was around 3-4 seconds (though I was dropping with a 30sec delay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

reporting

managed to kill only two targets in a single flyby with this technique (those were tanks - so after first explosion they start changing position)

I don't think it's possible to kill more since you really have to wait ~30seconds between the drops. I start bombing at 16.6km (9nm) from the FPM (as you said), but after first drop the range is not being calculated correctly (reducing too slowly) - so I just wait for ~30sec to drop another bomb so it could have different trajectory and distance to the target.

The delay between explosions was around 3-4 seconds (though I was dropping with a 30sec delay)

I forgot to mention that I disabled "target spread" ability on my mission, so that explains it. 30 sec seems to be quite a high delay, I used 1 mile spacing between each GBU-12 at constant speed around M0.90/M0.95 and as you said, the spacing between each splashes were about 2/3 seconds aswell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I forgot to mention that I disabled "target spread" ability on my mission, so that explains it. 30 sec seems to be quite a high delay, I used 1 mile spacing between each GBU-12 at constant speed around M0.90/M0.95 and as you said, the spacing between each splashes were about 2/3 seconds aswell.

I disabled "target spread" for tanks, but they move anyway ... dunno why

but finally managed to kill all 4 tanks in a single flyby ! 44.000 feet, 0.71M, 1.5nm spacing between each bomb drop (~13sec)

even got promoted after this :D (killed 3 additional enemy aircraft afterwards)

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but finally managed to kill all 4 tanks in a single flyby ! 44.000 feet, 0.71M, 1.5nm spacing between each bomb drop (~13sec)

There you go ! You've beaten my record ! Thanks for the feedback mate. Regarding the target spread, you'll have to go on WP 0 (or SP) of the unit and hit the "advanced" button. Then set the parameters and the ROE if you wish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regarding the target spread, you'll have to go on WP 0 (or SP) of the unit and hit the "advanced" button. Then set the parameters and the ROE if you wish.

that's actually exactly what I did ... but they still spread :(

tried on Tor, Tunguska and OSA, btw. they all don't have chances against aircraft at such high altitude. so SEAD missions work with Paveways just fine :thumbup: :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that's actually exactly what I did ... but they still spread :(

tried on Tor, Tunguska and OSA, btw. they all don't have chances against aircraft at such high altitude. so SEAD missions work with Paveways just fine :thumbup: :joystick:

Could you upload your mission ? Maybe I'll be able to fix the spread issue after a quick inspection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm think the logic is simply that anything with a weapon is capable of lasing.

Any unit at all can be a JTAC but only those with weapons can lase, and probably smoke markers also require it to be armed, but I'm not 100%.

They may need to be quite close to be in range for the laser, and they need a clear line of sight. You can use the advanced waypoint actions to set ROE -> WEAPON HOLD or RETURN FIRE to prevent the JTAC unit from fighting the enemy, and Perform Command 'Invisible' to make the enemy not fight the JTAC.

Don't know if it's the update or smth else, but I've managed to destroy a tank at a range of 25nm today with a GBU-16 (reminds me of a true story of Rafale hitting Lybian tanks with an AASM at a range of 55km (29,7nm)

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Now it should work, I made one run and I haven't noticed any moves from the bad guys. :thumbup:

after numerous attempts of flyling this, I finally got a 100% working solution. The secret is you have to maintain the lowest speed as possible while auto-holding the same altitude (44k in my case). All 4 bombs hit their targets in a single fly-by at speeds ~0.69M-0.73M :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can anyone look my mission? I create mission like in Chuck's Guide but i can't contact with the JTAC. In radio menu I don't have JTAC option.

The FAC tasks have been set up in the TRIGGERED ACTIONS section, so they need to manually activated by triggers.

It would be easier to add them as waypoint actions though, that way you don't have to explicitly every single one of them. You do that from the WAYPOINTS tab, press the "ADVANCED (WAYPOINT ACTIONS)" button at the bottom to add/remove/edit the waypoints tasks.

Also, you probably need to add a "Perform command -> Set frequency" action to specify the radio frequency for the unit to use, and a "Set callsign" wouldn't go astray, either.

• 3 months later...

How can You pickle 4 bombs after another at all. The only way for me to pickel one is locking a spot on the ground with the diamond. When the horizontal line passes through it pickles one. I´ve set the numer to 4 and a spacing of 700 feet and keep the pickle button pressed. Doesnt work. Also pressing pickle several times doesnt work.

It was faszinating hitting with one bomb lased from the ground the first time precizesly, but I have the feeling, that its not reliable sometimes it works sometimes not. (Always the sime mission setup)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good combat flight is understanding the nature of things and the feeling to handle it.

How can You pickle 4 bombs after another at all. The only way for me to pickel one is locking a spot on the ground with the diamond. When the horizontal line passes through it pickles one. I´ve set the numer to 4 and a spacing of 700 feet and keep the pickle button pressed. Doesnt work. Also pressing pickle several times doesnt work.

It was faszinating hitting with one bomb lased from the ground the first time precizesly, but I have the feeling, that its not reliable sometimes it works sometimes not. (Always the sime mission setup)

mate, I wrote that message half a year ago, things have seriously been reworked in the mod since then

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And this rippling? If you put in number of 4 and separation of say 700m, does this still lead to impact on multiple targets or is this gone now? I suppose this is unrealistic anyway. The F-16C Blk. 40+ can do this, but You have to search new targets with the TGP real quick then. But re-thought ... it should be possible for the M2000 then also if the JTAC does it for You. Well but I couldn´t even get multiple bombs off the rail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good combat flight is understanding the nature of things and the feeling to handle it.