Export view and Lua mess

BravoYankee4

The good news, I have learned tonight how to export viewports to another monitor. I want the radar to be on my second screen, embedded with all the other gauges (HawgTouch). A bit daunting at first, but going through the "Dummies guide for monitor setup" a few times I finally understood the concept.

Also learned that the gun sight could be exported - wich is good if I want to fly in "HUD only view".

The down side.

It takes a lot of fps exporting the radar to the second screen (actually fourth) since my setup is 1280*1024 * 3 monitors plus one 1920*1080 screen for the gauges. The total resolutionen needed is to much for my setup and the fps goes below 30. So I need to reconsider that...

Finally - could someone please help med getting the original data from the following file:

Mods/aircraft/MIG-21bis/Cockpit/HUD/Indicator/init.lua

Had to many init.lua files open at the same time making changes in the wrong one :poster_oops:

Yes, it will revert the whole install to the default state. It detects all files that are either missing or differ between your installation and the current version on the Eagle Dyn. servers.

Side note: if you are modding your installation, change the .lua and intent to keep it, better familarize yourself with JSMGE - that is a mod manager that makes it simple to apply and revert changes to your installation. JSMGE is the de-facto standard for DCS - look around the forums ... somewhere are some tutorials and stuff like that.

Just realised that the 1.53 upgrade resetted the init.lua file (since it seems to have been updated). But thanks also to Heinz and Micha who send the files via email.

Anyway, here is an example of having extra viewports for the ASP gunsight (bottom left corner) and the radar (bottom right corner).

I'm not gonna fly with this setup - it is just a proof of concept. Eventually (when I have a better PC hardware configuration) I will export the radar to the second monitor, so I can have it embedded in the HawgTouch profile with all the other instruments and gauges.

MIG_Radar_002.thumb.jpg.2c60be8c88035e8ed06daa4e8a866ca2.jpg

BravoYankee4

I have the latest version of Ikanus, but for some reason, I cannot get the gauges on my second screen to work (I do have the radar viewport showing nicely on the main screen in the lower right).

Please verify that I have correctly placed the Ikanus files:

In the c: saved games folder for the openbeta version, I have placed the Export.lua file in the Scripts folder.

In the Saved Games DCS openbeta folder, I placed the folders ExportModules and lib and the files config.lua and exportscript.lua.

Did I make an error?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hello sobe,

please use the new ExportScript for the new version of Ikarus.

Copy the scripts folder, with all folders that are therein, to "C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\DCS".

Everything mus be in the Scripts folder.

CU Micha

Edited by McMicha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Success.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .