Chopping off the wings?

I know how to get rid of the wings on Su-25(T) but how to do it on other aircraft? I once (and only once) managed to get rid of the wings on a MiG-29 during a carrier landing when I somehow struck the deck without being turned into a burning wreck. :pilotfly:

I don't know why but I like making crash landings and returning to base with a part of the plane missing but I can only do it with Su-25(T) and I want to do it with any plane.

:helpsmilie:

Well, on AFM planes this is no problem but on non-AFM ones I experienced this only with A-10 - just fly low over enemy territory guarded by shilkas or MANPADS and your wing and other parts will just disappear ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

http://www.eatthepudding.net/lomac/2006/ScreenShot_006.jpg

I managed this by trying to form up on an enemy Mig-29. I started a mission with me about 0.5km behind him and slowly got into a nice echelon right formation. Everything was ok until i decided to try line abreast. As soon as he saw me he freaked out and for some reason did a roll right on top of me. Lots of bad noises coming from the cockpit but i still appeared to have control of the jet. In the end i made it back to home plate however i couldnt lower the speed enough to try a belly landing so i had to eject :(

jewsig.jpg

Wow man! This is amazing - I can't beleive you were able to fly it with such a terrible wing damage. It must have been pretty hard to control that bird :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

No other plane has the AFM or Advanced Damage Model Either. For you to end up with no wings in these aircraft would have to be a fluke, from some type of battle damage such as being struck by a missle.

In regards to the F-15 without a wing posted by EvilBovel. The Israel F-15 was in a training dogfight with another aircraft. The opposing aircraft was below the 15's nose, and the pilots lost site of each other. As the other aircraft climed, it climbed right into the 15's wing, ripping it off. The other aircraft was completely damaged, but the 15 was able to make it hope, with a very high speed landing.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Big burners... Big big burners... How much thrust those things give? :lol:

I believe in modern fighters a good percentage of the lift is produced my the fuselage, so it couldn't be the same as a cessna. Also mich faster and more dart-like, IMO it would feel like it would be easier to land without a wing. Still not easy though.

http://www.eatthepudding.net/lomac/2006/ScreenShot_006.jpg

I managed this by trying to form up on an enemy Mig-29. I started a mission with me about 0.5km behind him and slowly got into a nice echelon right formation. Everything was ok until i decided to try line abreast. As soon as he saw me he freaked out and for some reason did a roll right on top of me. Lots of bad noises coming from the cockpit but i still appeared to have control of the jet. In the end i made it back to home plate however i couldnt lower the speed enough to try a belly landing so i had to eject :(

The "almost perfect landing"

soclose8ku.jpg

Yup, The Israel F-15 that made it back with one wing could do so because the Width of the aircraft's fuselage actually provided enough lift to keep it in the air. The plane was essentialy a rocket, and as long as he kept the speed up, it would dart through the air!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

I tried a bit, but I didn't find this one. I found another with an F-15 where it's rear left gears didn't hold the pressure and it started tilting and it got a bit off the runway in the end.

"Where you will be reunited with an old friend...the thrill of battle." - Admiral Tolwyn, Wing Commander IV