Track IR clip preference

I am also quite satisfied with the Track Clip Pro. Yes, quite fragile but I think its "ok". Accuracy is a little better than with the passive reflector.

Maybe its really my setup that does not play very nice with the delan clip. As said I use some "strange" zoom settings for the MFDs. Probably not for everyone, but works fine for me. Once I play Elite Dangerous I will try if this works better with the Delan Clip. It has much more relaxed settings.

I am also quite satisfied with the Track Clip Pro. Yes, quite fragile but I think its "ok". Accuracy is a little better than with the passive reflector.

Maybe its really my setup that does not play very nice with the delan clip. As said I use some "strange" zoom settings for the MFDs. Probably not for everyone, but works fine for me. Once I play Elite Dangerous I will try if this works better with the Delan Clip. It has much more relaxed settings.

Ayindi, did you try moving your DelanClip to the left side instead?

I'm quite sure that is what's causing your issue with the off-centered virtual head.

Look at the two replies in the NaturalPoint forums here:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=41475

and:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13679

TrackIR is only designed to work with a clip mounted in the left side, not to the right.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Ok so, aside from Sporg, has anyone else been able to get a non-TCP clip to work with the TrackIR software?

GregP, jcbak has already stated here that he has no problems:

I'm using the Delanclip without any issues whatsoever.

Apart from that, I have seen several other users mentioning that they use it and are satisfied, both here in ED forums and elsewhere.

Just remember to mount it in the left side, as stated in my post above. ;)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so, aside from Sporg, has anyone else been able to get a non-TCP clip to work with the TrackIR software?

I use the DelanClip as well. No issues at all, not sure what is going on in the case mentioned in this thread with the z-axis issue. It worked out of box for me, no tweaking necessary, but it's a much better piece of hardware than the pro clip from Natural Point. Much more accurate and well made. The original hat clip with the reflectors was fine, never had any trouble, but it's not nearly as fine or accurate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use the DelanClip as well. No issues at all, not sure what is going on in the case mentioned in this thread with the z-axis issue. It worked out of box for me, no tweaking necessary, but it's a much better piece of hardware than the pro clip from Natural Point. Much more accurate and well made. The original hat clip with the reflectors was fine, never had any trouble, but it's not nearly as fine or accurate.

My experience is the same as yours: Much more accurate, much more sturdy than Pro Clip.

And worked straight away.

I think that the guy who had problems mounted his clip to the right side of his head.

That doesn't work out well, since the TrackIR SW is only designed to handle a clip mounted to the left.

System specs: