Super S530D seeker problems

Marcus7715

Hopefully this is just me missing something obvious but.........

When attempting to use 530 missile, I first radar lock my target, get the solid box and fly towards it,I then put master-arm on to enter air to air mode, and then select the 530 and the 's' appears next to the missile.....at this point I thought a small flashing circle should appear on the HUD......regardless I continue to lock it again and at no point see the small missile seeker head circle, flashing or not !

Am I just being stupid and missing something simple ??

Screen_160328_172036.thumb.jpg.cf9720040013bb2732895538cb54e467.jpg

I have searched for an answer, but cannot see anything I am doing wrong.....

Thanks in anticipation.

The small circle was from an earlier version of the HUD which was just a placeholder. What you see in your screenshot is just fine.

• Like 1

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Everything looks good on your picture.

Shoot it should be ok.

But without the smaller flashing missile seeker circle to place in the box and go solid when it locks, when I fire the missile it just goes off at a tangent and never hits !! (no lock)

The circle is also missing with the magics too ;)

Are you making sure you have pressed lock twice, if you only press lock once then you are in TWS mode and the missile wont home, you have to press lock twice and go into STT, then you can launch when you're in range.

And lo, Reverend Vegas did say "Take forth unto the infidel the mighty GAU 8 and expend its holy 30MM so that freedom will be brung upon them who knoweth not the joys of BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT"

"Amen"

Are you making sure you have pressed lock twice, if you only press lock once then you are in TWS mode and the missile wont home, you have to press lock twice and go into STT, then you can launch when you're in range.

He is in STT according to the radar display.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

The small circle was from an earlier version of the HUD which was just a placeholder. What you see in your screenshot is just fine.

Thank you both guys...Was a case of me watching loads of youtubes from December I guess !

I just need to brush up on my air to air skills then, I've been spoilt by BVR weapons ;)

Appreciate your quick response, was driving me nuts :)

It was me doing too much watching other people and not enough reading and practice....Now I just have to nail the landing :)

Now I just have to nail the landing :)

According to the devs that one is gonna see a lot of changes in the next update, too: Working anti-skid to better keep straight on the runway, no more nose up tendency after touchdown, stronger wheel brakes,...

Specs:

According to the devs that one is gonna see a lot of changes in the next update, too: Working anti-skid to better keep straight on the runway, no more nose up tendency after touchdown, stronger wheel brakes,...

I look forward to those changes, it's certainly a wee bit challenging at the moment (for a novice like myself) Razbam sure do back their beta products well...Good stuff :thumbup:

But without the smaller flashing missile seeker circle to place in the box (...)

As said previously, not anymore valid.

OTOH, you have another cue in the form of a little square. It's barely visible on your screenshot, only partially displayed on the left edge. That's your interception director. Place it inside the ring for the most efficient firing solution.

spacer.png

As said previously, not anymore valid.

OTOH, you have another cue in the form of a little square. It's barely visible on your screenshot, only partially displayed on the left edge. That's your interception director. Place it inside the ring for the most efficient firing solution.

Excellent ! Spotted that and thought it was a reference to waypoints.....had a bit more practice and did some reading, and Yes, all seems to be working well....Finally getting the Kills with both missiles....Thanks for your reply :)