image skewed when looking left right using track IR

Hey all,

I am using DCS World 1.5 (release). inside of f15 in the default zoom when I look left and right using track ir the image gets a bit distorted (skewed). That is obvious in the canopy bar (where the mirrors are). Is there are an aspect ratio that I need to mess with. I fly in 1920*1080 and in the setting I have the aspect ratio set to 16:9 (1.777...78). Also would that affect the visibility of other aircrafts that are in visible range. I have set the model enlargement to max and that seems to help with that.

Thanks

hi,

no response to my thread? Can some one confirm my findings?. Also a followup, are models (enemy plane) more visible when in a 4:3 aspect ratio versus the widescreen 16:9 or 16:10 (1080p) resolutions? I run in 1080P resolution and unless i do model enlargement to large i cann't see an F16 2 miles out.

The default FOV for the F-15 is 88.727844, according to the Snapviews.lua. Maybe too much, you may try a setting like 80 or 75. First be sure you tick "enable user snapviews" in game options, then go to:

c:\Users\Saved Games\DCS\Config\view

Open SnapViews.lua with WordPad, type left Ctrl+F, search for F-15c, edit this:

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 88.727844,--FOV <<<change this value to 80 or 75

hAngle = 0.000000,

vAngle = -9.678451,

x_trans = 0.264295,

y_trans = -0.064373,

z_trans = 0.000000,

rollAngle = 0.000000,

Save and enjoy. For the target spotting problem, you can try this mod, work nice for me: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160634

Thanks guys, this is greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth i totally agree with the universal model visibility mod guy in that visibility in DCS is completely broken. As is it is really a flight sim (practice your landings and takeoffs) and BVR sim (if you enjoy being heads down looking at radar and RWR all the time), not a Dog Fighting sim (the fun kind)

I truly hope DCS pays the modder and incorporates his visibility work.

quick question, does the visibility mod works in mulitplayer too. i play in 104th and they have imposters off. will it work in multiplayer based on imposter setting?

it will work only if imposters are ON and ON only, afaik.