Anyone is playing MP in VR without major stutters?

npole

May I know who of you is playing on a crowded server (in example the 104) without having major stutters, making the whole experience a nausea festival?

If so, may you post your config, device, and hardware please?

I start with mine:

I have stutters (duplicating frames while moving my head), with the following:

- Sets all to MIN/Disabled & VSYNC OFF;

- Device: VIVE

- Server: 104

- Aircraft used: F-15

- Hardware: 980Ti OC, 4.3Ghz CPU.

..the game is almost unplayable for me. And you (only multiplayer experience pls)?

Essentially same specs as you except I'm on rift.

Haven't gone on a busy server but I've been flying formation with 5 other jets at mustard-pass distance, and it's smooth to me.

I do have horrible stutters turning my head in the menu screen but in the 3D world it's great.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Thanks, I believe the OR is better supported or the time warping is working better (since it's not limited to 45 fps minimum).

But what about your fps? Are you doing the same low as me? (CTRL+Pause).

Stutters

If your Using the HTC Vive read this page,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139912&page=107

Basically it seems the Steam app, and also a background services presumably having to do with HTC's e-shop, and/or Steam VR do not seem play well with DCS World (go figure, as DCS is available on Steam...:noexpression:)

I just turn them all off when activating DCS World.

The HTC Vive's equivalent to OR's ATW is "Allow Reprojection", and it works very well. It basically kick's in when the fps drops to 45fps.

One thing I've noticed, is cockpit shadows have a very hard hit on fps, as it keeps the fps in the Reprojection (or ATW) range most of the time, which is a shame as I really love the cockpit shadows. If you'd like a to see a good example of how the "Allow Reprojection" works, fly the "Flight Over Tbilisi" mission with the cockpit shadows on.

I'm flying with 1.5.3 Stable using these setting and getting good results, mostly 90fps and I'd say 98% to 100% jutter/stutter free. and that's over cities.

Textures = Medium

Terrain Textures = Low

Civ. Traffic = Low (although I haven't seen any yet)

Water = Low

Heat Blur = OFF

Shadows = OFF

*N/A

*N/A

*N/A

Res. of Cockpit Displays = 256

MSAA = 8x

HDR = ON (don't know is it really does anything in VR)

Depth of Field = OFF

Lens Effects = NONE

Clutter/Grass = 0 (haven't really played with it yet)

Tress Visibility = 1500 (haven't really played with it yet)

Preload Radius = 150 (played with it, but not quite understanding how it really works and effects DCS World in VR yet)

Anisotropic Filtering = 4x

Flat Terrain Shadows = OFF

Disable Aero Interface = Checked

Edited by DigitalEngine
  • Like 1

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

Fwiw

I find the F15c seems to be the worse Aircraft for VR . I dont know why but the 104 server was not too bad if I was in a different Aircraft.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Thanks, I believe the OR is better supported or the time warping is working better (since it's not limited to 45 fps minimum).

But what about your fps? Are you doing the same low as me? (CTRL+Pause).

Flew tonight with the framerate up. When I remembered to look, it spent a fair bit of time at 45, usually when other jets were filling my view. There was a lot of times it was showing 90+ though.

I haven't yet looked to see if I've got the "slow GPU speed" OR bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Just as a data point...I checked and I'm running OH 1.4...on a GTX 980Ti....I am not clock-locked - EVGA tool shows card running at full speed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea if stutters

I tried last night but the stupid floating envelope icon annoyed me

( mail icon in thin air )

I couldn't seem to get rid of it so I logged off

Any ideas how to get rid of this ???

Nothing should be stuck to your view its very distracting

I noticed that after every reboot, my overclock speeds are dropped. I have to re-apply my overclock settings to my EVGA 980Ti card.

Doesn't matter if i use NVIDIA Inspector or EVGA Precision X.

I am also locked to 60FPS in 2.0, but not 1.5, using same settings. I have the same autoexec.cfg file created and placed in the 1.5/20 saved games/config directory with a maxfps of 90 setting. It is really odd. Disabled vsync in NVIDIA Control Panel as well.. no help.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord