Better F-16 Mod

Austringer

I have been using US Marines F-16 mod with FC 1.12a, there are a lot of bugs associated with using it. I recall the mavericks working (without the MFD, but still working) in 1.02, as well as GBUs (same way, after I added them with the pylon editor). I would really like to, with the help of some of the rest of the community, try to create an update to this mod, so there can be an american multi-role fighter available for play in Lockon FC 1.12a.

Right now, as it stands, dumb bombs work fine, most AA modes work fine. (this is all working through the MiG-29 model) Aim120s, Aim9s, and Aim7s are ok.

What doesnt work is: ECM, GBUs, Mavericks, AGM-88s, AGM-45s.

I'm currently working on this stuff, but I am admittedly a newcomer to the Lockon Community, I've been flying it for about 3 months, but have been a flight sim fan since I was 10, (16 years, since Falcon 3.0). Any suggestions to help would be much appreciated.

-John "Austringer" Griggs

=WC= Wildcats Clan (BF2)

I wish you the best of luck trying, but unfortunately I doubt you'll be particularly successful.

The F-16 mod just reskins another aeroplane with the F-16 external model - in order to bring the additional capabilities you're looking for you'd have to modify the existing aircraft to that standard.

I'm pretty sure the antiradar missiles and GBUs won't work for the simple reason that there's no code to support them - may be the possibility of getting somewhere with the ECM, though.

The big problem is that TV-guided missiles and antiradar missiles were given new code for Flaming Cliffs with the more advanced modelling in the Su25T - the old code that worked on the "normal" aircraft was either disabled or removed entirely.

i need an f16 for my stunt team. Can you edit the mod so that it replaces the F-15? i dont need the weapons to work

only the smoke pods for aerobatics.

Please contact

You can get Virtual Thunderbirds Mod from thier official site.

http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/files.html

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

britgliderpilot, that confirms what I was thinking. I knew that some changes were made between 1.02 and 1.1 that caused it, but I wasnt able to find any confirmed information on it. I will likely try to combine the existing mod from US Marine with the modification of the meinit.xml to get the results I want.

Thanks for your input.

John "Austringer" Griggs

=WC= Wildcats

Haha! Are you talking about the skinning or the limitations?

You can make any plane flyable, but it will have a Russian pit by default. Since the F-15 is bigger, if you want the Viper skin and an Eagle pit, the wheels will sit higher (float). Anyway you look at it you will have to make a compromise, so get used to that idea!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

The goal of my project has somewhat changed. I am going to try to modify the MiG-29 modded F-16 (for the purpose of multi-role use). The problems I'm trying to resolve at the moment are:

MER 6 munitions are dropping all 6 (12) at a time, I am not sure what the differences are in the meinit.xml that makes a munition drop a pair at a time. I have set the F-16 to be able to carry MER 6 setups of CBU 97s, and MK20s, as well as MK82s, single MK83s (and MER 2 MK83s again, MER *2 MK83s drop 2 at a time)

I'm doing all this to make a movie. Once the teaser is done, I'll introduce it to the community, but I'd like to share the work I'll be doing with the community too.

I'd also like to know where to get a desert terrain mod, I've seen it in 2 movies, but I dont know where to get it. I've checked google with no luck. Any suggestions?

=WC= Wildcats

You can get Desert mod on this excellent site http://www.lockonfiles.com/

About the AGM-88 - they wont work after 1.02, because the code has changed somewhat.

About the bombs dropping separately - also won’t work since the plane your flying is Mig-29 and they drop their ordinance in pairs. You can't drop them in sequence even in Su-27/33.

About the ECM - you should go with Mig-29S and not A version.

I hope I helped somewhat. I'm asking ED for a bit easier modding of planes, but no result thus far. I'm still flying v1.02 with Desert mod and bunch of others, because of US & Israeli F-16's and Middle East region. I don't care if it's not correct, at least I can pretend, just as I can pretend, I'm a pilot of a military jet.

ScreenShot_343-2.jpg

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

I have made progress on the multi-drop problem. I have got them to drop singularly, but it is not displaying the bombs on the aircraft. this is just using the 'humancockpit=yes' method, but I've found that the ordinance moIdifications work the same. I believe the problem is actually with the way that the MER-6 bombs are set up due to the fact that in the game, those mounts are only used on large bombers, I.E. B-52s, that drop them as a set.

So, What I'm testing right now, is that I took the functionality from the CBU-97*6 launcher, and added the graphics from the MER-6 CBU.. What I got from that was it displaying 1 CBU 97 on my aircraft (none at loadout screen) and giving me the ability to drop it 6 times (in pairs) the MER 3 works for the CBU 20, so I'm wondering why I cant get the CBU 97s working.

=WC= Wildcats