Rift screen turns off after 15 min or so

Kayos

My Rift screen turns off after 15 min or so. Sometimes it's when I launch a missile but not always. I had the VR default on in settings. Any ideas? It never does this in any other game. Just DCS so far. I've only had the Rift a couple days.

Also the dials in the cockpits I can barely read even if I crank it up to 2.0 The setting doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. I can zoom and read it but that's not ideal.

Is there a way to reset the graphics or anything?

Edit: So far I've only tried the Mirage and F-5. I've also run a repair.

Edited by Kayos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Kayos,

Is your HDMI cable on the Rift connected directly to the HDMI port on your GPU?

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

could be that the card isnt powerful enough - mate of mine tried the rift with the 970 Gainward and only got 20 FPS so upgraded to a 1080

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Just something to try. If you have a DVI to HDMI adapter laying around, try plugging the Rift into that. My problems came up when I tried to extend the HDMI cable with just an HDMI extension (since the Rift manual says to only use the HDMI port, and that adapting the others won't work). When I did that, sometimes it would work, sometimes it would go black, depending on the game I was running. I did some looking around on Google and found a few people who had successfully used DVI to HDMI adapters to plug their extensions into. A DVI to HDMI adapter was only 10 bucks, so I figured I'd try it, even though it made no sense to me. IT WORKED! :D Same extension cable, but for some reason it worked when plugged into the DVI to HDMI adapter. Not sure why. Maybe there's a little more current-handling capability on the DVI port so the voltage doesn't drop as low when its under load.

Might be worth a shot to try plugging your Rift in that way. ;)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: