Want DCS F-117A Stealth Fighter 3.0, who with me?

SandMartin

Martians (guys that work on RAM, Materials Application Repair Section [M.A.R.S.]) did not get paid any extra AFAIK, wearing those Tyvek suits and respirators sucks, but is better that the alternative.

Another document, listed as Exhibit No. 2 in Dunham's case, is an unclassified May 19, 2005 "Safety Supplement" for emergency responders that warns about the danger of inhaling "hazardous byproducts of burning wreckage" of F-117A stealth fighter jets.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/area-51-burning-revealed

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Martians (guys that work on RAM) did not get paid any extra AFAIK, and wearing those Tyvek suits and respirators sucks, but is better that the alternative.

I was joking. I have no doubt that the pay did not compensate for that kind of arduous work. With very few exceptions, jobs that suck pay far less than most people think.

Hazardous materiel workers rarely make enough to balance the risks that they are taking. It's the same with firefighters and police officers. The risks taken are a matter of willingness and not financial gain.

Being one of the 'nukes' on a sub (I have a couple of friends with that history) doesn't pay much better than the guys in front with the same rank.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As0Z5ror0BA

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Fascinating stuff at end of that vid. Thanks.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that an old friend of mine, a physics PhD specializing in things like wave propagation (we worked on TEMPEST stuff many years ago), is probably playing in that area. I am going to have to take him to dinner.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm not sure about DCS right now, given the lack of a dynamic campaign, however once/if such a campaign becomes implemented, a Nighthawk wouldn't just be a module for enthusiasts. In Falcon BMS, on some theaters I would gladly trade a squadron or two of Falcons or Eagles for just a handful of Nighthawks because of their ability to slip through air defenses and hit targets behind enemy lines. Though in the current environment of DCS, I can understand some peoples lack of enthusiasm for such a specialized aircraft.

A dynamic campaign is not required to make specialized aircraft feasible in the sim. Well designed missions would be, though. The problem is that there are only so many scenarios and people get bored.

An AC-130 would be a blast, until you flew it in a low bank circle for thirty minutes while your buddy shot at insurgent vehicles.

While the extra details of having all of the right aircraft involved in a mission are great, attempting to make them all flyable, and for sale, would be a recipe for bankruptcy.

Yeah, I didn't express myself correctly :

RCS, from what I remember, uses a single value so you get a guesstimate of taking aspect into account, instead of more accurate methods.

Also, in the case of FC3 planes, the range of detection is very standardised, while the F-15 should have a big edge on the 29.

Ground reflections do not affect us by flooding the radar, flying low should reduce the range of detection significantly, even worst for flying into mountain valleys (more than just being blocked physically).

ECM are very simplified, though not related to stealth directly, they still count in radar modelling/strategies you can use in game.

I meant not before we get a semi-realistic radar model.