Receiver also controlling transmitter?

funkyfranky

Just jumped into the MiG-15 again since a long time. I noticed that the receiver tuning knop also controls the transmitter. Quite handy but is this the supposed behaviour?

Also in the kneeboard, rotating the receiver updates the transmitter frequency but not that of the receiver. That is with the radio switch off. With the radio switch on both frequencies are updated simultaniously in the kneeboard.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Depends on definition of "supposed" ;). It's not historically correct behaviour, as both devices were not mechanically connected, but for the gameplay reasons that's how the devs decided to make it work (and it's been like it since the release actually, so You must have not flown the plane for quite a while :D)

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Depends on definition of "supposed" ;). It's not historically correct behaviour, as both devices were not mechanically connected, but for the gameplay reasons that's how the devs decided to make it work (and it's been like it since the release actually, so You must have not flown the plane for quite a while :D)

Very true, it had collected some dust even though it's a great module :music_whistling:

Thanks for the clarification :thumbup: After that I found the paragraph in the manual ;) Shame on me...

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

If you don't like this behavior, there are switches near the transmitter and antenna tuning knobs which lock them (so they can't be moved accidentally or due to aircraft vibrations). The switches are both are labelled СТОП.

KSQWpcn.jpg

If you turn them on, they will also disable this autotuning "cheat".