DTS Upload - Some clarification please

John C Flett

I'm finally getting to grips with the Hog-C and really enjoying it but one issue that I can't seem to crack is DTS upload which sometimes doesn't happen.

My basic process is ;

after the APU / APU generator I'll turn in CDU and EGI.

Engine start.

APU / APU Gen off.

CICU on.

IFFCC Test.

EAC Arm.

MFCD Load all.

Now, it seems to have a problem if I move too slowly. Sometime there is a highlight just below "load all". "INST INVRT" as I recall. If I load then, DTS seems to work fine. If the highlight is gone, it's too late. Certainly waiting for the CDU to fully align seems to prevent loading.

Additionally, is there a way to correct this as turning and restarting the systems doesn't seem to do it?

Any insights would be very welcome.

Since posting I've been playing around and figured out how to reload the data from the CDU ( which is looking to be the most complex thing on this bird ) but still it would be better not to have the problem in the first place.

Edited by John C Flett

It's not that. Inverter is second on my checklist and I think I'd have far bigger problems if I'd missed it. Plus the message clears after a few seconds.

I can't quite diagnose the problem because I can't reproduce it reliably but, rechecking parts of the manual I can see that the data uploads about 30 seconds after I turn on the IFFCC. However I turn it and the CICU on together and the CICU itself takes a moment to power up. I'm thinking that I maybe need to give the CICU a few seconds before I turn on the IFFCC to be sure it is powered and ready.

It's a strange problem because it seems to be linked to how fast I move through the sequence rather than the order in which I do things.

Weird. I always load DTS as soon as the ground crew is done arming me, which is usually WAY before the CDU is done.

I also turn on the MFD's, CICU, and IFFCC before the APU is up to speed. When the generator comes online they all light up simultaneously.

Never had this issue before.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

You certainly can't be too fast; in your proc.list you state that before you press "Load all" you armed the EAC. Arming the EAC is only posssible after the CDU finished the init; at 4.0.0.8 you have to press "NAV" on the MFCD, followed by INS on the NMSP. After that, you are able to arm the EAC..

• 3 weeks later...