Survivor (8.4 F-86)

Redglyph

That one was special! Spoilers ahead.

I liked the development very much, but I had a hard time surviving this one ;)

I hadn't entirely destroyed one of the A-10Cs and he apparently crawled back to its base. Once I had the other 3, I purchased him and tried to bomb the airfield, but got hit by a SA-9 missile. The whole stabilizer was gone but I could make it back, somehow. This aircraft is fantastic! Though it would have been easier in the Warthog.

What's weird is DCS considered my plane as destroyed, so I couldn't access the communication menu anymore, or see where I was on the map. Still, mission success on arrival :thumbsup:

tailless.thumb.jpg.646001eb31a41ffe8217c89019645c39.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Lol, the aviation gods must have smiled upon you that day.

I'm quite surprised that you got to the enemy airfield. I have the AAA set up to punish anyone that pursues an enemyy

Also odd that the game considered you dead, but you still passed the mission. I figure you must have received the "Mission Complete" text statement after landing?

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Yes, I did receive the success message, it's somewhat visible in the scaled-down screenshot. That's how robust your scripts are :)

It was a lot of fun, I first thought it was a problem with hydraulics because I could not control the pitch but still use my rudder, and then I saw the ailerons were working, checked the external view ... and saw the disaster. It must have been perfectly balanced with the CG, because it only had a slight but manageable nose-up attitude. But what I really suspect is that the loss of stabilizer is not modelled in the F-86, only the absence of control.

The challenging part was to get down to deck and touching down on the runway at a reasonable speed.

... And to inaugurate my first spoiler tag (just saw how it worked, yay!):

I was actually at the wrong airport, Senaki instead of Kutaisi, so only SA-9 which are not that hard to avoid - when you see them coming! I believe Kutaisi was much more strongly defended. So in the end I could not even spot the A-10C, let alone damage it. Went as far as Batumi but no luck there either, came back at Kutaisi and got the little chat with SA-9's.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR