Vsync off and FPS capped at 64 ??.

Just tried turning Vsync off to see what kind of FPS my machine is capable of pushing out and noticed something a little odd.

No matter whether i'm in the cockpit view, external view or in the main menu view my FPS is always 64. With Vsync turned off i was expecting the FPS to fluctuate/vary depending on what's being rendered and especially to max out when viewing the aircraft externally with no other scenery present other then blue sky.

At the very start of a mission or if i pause the mission whilst playing the FPS counter jumps to 180, as soon as i start/unpause it immediately drops to 64FPS.

It's exactly the same with V2.03, my FPS is capped at 64 ?.

The common denominator is my Nvidia 970 graphics card, i've tried various settings but there is no change. I'm guessing that you have to play in "full screen" mode for them to take effect anyway ?. Unfortunately i can't use full screen mode as i export onto a second monitor and i can no longer use SoftTh.

Any ideas/suggestions why my FPS is always capped at exactly 64 with Vsync turned off on both 1.5.4 and 2.0.3 ?.

Thanks.

Picture.thumb.png.95563c8408cbf07a26b8968d19647809.png

228374749_Picture2.thumb.png.bde88d96707415e3c1accd832296eb62.png

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

64 fps MAX !?

I have exactly the same issue. FPS limited to 64 even V-sinc OFF. I managed to restore it to about 180 wich is my random FPS before this bug but only for one time and it returns to 64 limited. It makes me sad :joystick:

my config : i5 2500k 4.4Ghz 16 Gb RAM GTX970

Please HELP !

Any ideas/suggestions why my FPS is always capped at exactly 64 with Vsync turned off on both 1.5.4 and 2.0.3 ?.

Thanks.

FPS Still locked by the options in your DCS autoexec.cfg maybe.

c:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Autoexec.cfg

--** Begin Changes **

--

options.graphics.render3D = true; -- Set this to false for a standalone Server Setup.

options.graphics.maxfps = 120; -- DCS 1.2x 0=unlimited FPS, DCS 1.5x or 2.x 0=0 FPS for load screen, news screen jerky.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

FPS Still locked by the options in your DCS autoexec.cfg maybe.

c:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Dcs\Config\Autoexec.cfg

I'm no longer using the Autoexec.cfg file with 1.5.4 or 2.0.3, but thanks for the suggestion.

I have just installed Shadow play and my FPS has doubled with Vsync turned off to 120. I went for a ride in the L-39 straight down the Las Vegas strip with Vsync turned on and my FPS never moved from 60.... very smooth flight.

Also tried the instant action Mig-21 "free flight" mission in 1.5.4 which normally starts with an FPS of around 54, this time my FPS was a constant 60 (Vsync on) and once again another very smooth flight.

Nice find I/JG2_Bouma and a pleasant surprise, i will test some more when i have time.

Thanks.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Hello JG14_Smil

I downloaded Shadow play from this link:-

http://nvidia-geforce-shadowplay.en.softonic.com/

Close down the add that appears and press the big free download button.

I have never used this program before and it appears to be part of the "Geforce Experience" program/package.

Click on the "Shadow play" button on the top right menu bar and turn it on.

Start up DCS.

I can't play in full screen mode because i export on to a second screen so i have to "alt tab" twice...... otherwise my exports are "mushed" up on to my main view.

I now have very smooth gaming and if i turn Vsync off my FPS is no longer capped at 64 but is now 140+ ?????..... magic .... almost to good to be true :).

I didn't have to log into facebook to use this feature.

Once you have it sussed out then let us know if it helped.

Regards.

Edited by Gunnergolly

Man, I do hate those download sites! They are like minefields trying to choose the correct link.

Your link took me to a page where I finally DL'd "GeForce_Experience_v2-4-5-28.exe". (?)

My computer won't let it load as it says I have a same or newer version. If I start my Geforce Experience up, it asks me to log on using an account, I don't see any Shadow Play buttons.

I don't see why I must use a Facebook account just to use this on my system. Is the Shadow Play icon that human head silhouette in a gray circle? I cannot use it until I log in with the account.

Hello fellow humans. Ive had a issue with this and all I did was on windows 10 to open the xbox app and deactivated the DVR in settings. This was somehow activated by default in my latest update. It made my refreshrate to half of what it should be. Same goes for my son who got 30 frames but should 60.

I can also confirm that the sim (1.5.4, and 2.0.3) runs with less stuttering when recording a video at 60fps with Fraps. Yes that's right, when RECORDING full HD video, I got less stuttering.

I also deleted the "Max FPS" value, entirely, from the graphics.lua, which also helped improved stuttering slightly - all very strange. I've taken a ticket out with ED, which has proven to not yet provide a diagnosis of the problem - I appreciate their help so far though.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Man, I do hate those download sites! They are like minefields trying to choose the correct link.

Your link took me to a page where I finally DL'd "GeForce_Experience_v2-4-5-28.exe". (?)

My computer won't let it load as it says I have a same or newer version. If I start my Geforce Experience up, it asks me to log on using an account, I don't see any Shadow Play buttons.

I don't see why I must use a Facebook account just to use this on my system. Is the Shadow Play icon that human head silhouette in a gray circle? I cannot use it until I log in with the account.

Yes that is the correct version.

I was a bit hesitant to download from that site myself but glad i did, if it's all working properly then you should be seeing what i have in my attachment below.

All i did was to click on the top bar "preferences" button.

Select the "ShadowPlay" tab on the left hand side of the screen.

Press the FPS button and select it's position on screen.

Click on the top bar "Shadowplay" button with the camera icon on it (top right corner).

Another window should appear with a switch, turn it on.

Then play DCS, you will probably have to "alt - tab" DCS to get it working.

If it's saying that you already have that version installed then maybe try uninstalling it and use CCleaner (free) to clear out your registry and then reinstall.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

I'm guessing that Shadowplay is now filling my little hard drive up with recordings so i need to find out where it's storing them and periodically keep deleting them.

Hope the above helps you.

277840749_Picture1.thumb.png.58ba6a4accef4d855b52f3a7b1bcc51e.png

This is a video to show the effects of Shadowplay on DCS.

It seems to work With OBS too !

I found a trick to run DCS world very smooth with more than 100 FPS.

My Config PC : i5 2500k / 8GB RAM / GTX 970

By recording with Nvidia Shadowplay something seems to be unlocked on DCS and the FPS double immediately !

Nothing to do with Xbox app DVR wich is already OFF.

Edited by I/JG2_Bouma

Thanks for the video I/JG2_Bouma

That's exactly whats happening with mine, with Shadowplay turned off my FPS is capped at 64, Shadowplay turned on then i'm getting at least double that.

Why that is the case i really don't know ??, but i'm not complaining :).

Edited by Gunnergolly

• 3 months later...