Mouse (navigation) alternative?

JCK

Hey Guys,

Firstly, can I just thank all you 'leaders' out there, who altruistically continue to offer critical help, support and advice to noobs like me! Thank you.

After a GPU upgrade, CV1 arrived a couple of days ago.

Wow.

Still getting to grips with it though.

My question is, what methods are you guys using to replace the mouse to 'select' items using the VR 'pointer'? - have you mapped a key on the HOTAS? or do you use a 'special' mouse.

I'd appreciate your advice - keep up the good work!

i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 6GB EVGA GTX1060 SC, Oculus CV1, Track IR 5, BenQ XL2720X, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Microsoft Windows® 8.1 -

I mounted a trackball on my collective control (throttle). I find I use head point and a switch more now though. I just wish that the head pointer disappeared when not over an active click spot.

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

^^^ +1 on the disappear when not over clickables!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

XSPC Water Cooled ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.5Ghz

32GB-3200Mhz Rip Jaw DDR4 RAM.

EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+

Samsung 950 512GB SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Combat Pro Pedals

Mod'd OpenWheeler cockpit

Oculus Rift CV1.