Is there a memory leak?

Bahnzo

I've noticed after playing for some time (no exact amount, like an hour or two), while the game itself doesn't seem to slow down, pressing ESC to access the menus (like to quit) results in a HUGE slowdown. So much to so that I've had to just use the task manager to exit sometimes.

I've also noticed that alt-tabbing out to another program will cause DCS to "move on" to the selected option (ie: Quit, or the Assign Controls). But, if I Resume, the game returns and it perfectly fine it seems. It's only the ESC menus that are affected.

If I exit the program and restart, it's fine.

It's not a memory leak, it's just that the game won't free any RAM (just try loading a map and going back to menu). And the RAM usage is high. That's why all the problems.

One of the twos should be fixed, otherwise performance will stay rather jumpy...

Had this happen again tonight. I ran the mission "Smerch Hunt" and after maybe 1.5 hours landed and pulled up the menu to change a few keys....and again what I described above happened.

So I pulled up the task manager, and it listed 34% memory used. Not a lot. And when I exited back to the menu, that value didn't change, and trying to bring up the options from the main menu resulted in the same performance issue. I didn't try to reload a mission/map, but I did exit the sim and restarted and all was fine. 14% memory use reported then, BTW.

So...not sure what's going on here, but at least the task manager doesn't report high memory usage. I'll try to load up CPUID HW monitor and look at stuff from there. It should report my GTX 750ti's memory usage and other vitals.

PS: did I really post this to "Installation Problems" or was this moved? I surely should've posted this to a more apt forum like "Performance Issues".