start-up / shutdown bugs

Redglyph

Hello,

DCS version 1.5.4.57288.170

I have noticed two problems with the Mig-15bis that are related to initial / after landing conditions.

1) At start-up, before the aircraft reaches some ground speed, pulling the joystick makes the aircraft stick moving forward and the vertical stabilizer going the wrong way. pushing the joystick is correctly translated, the stick moves forward.

Is is very repeatable, but I don't know exactly when it becomes correct. It's not when the aircraft starts moving, it's not when the hydraulics have the correct pressure, it must be something else.

I've seen a similar report here, but there was no reply from the support.

2) After landing, it's not possible to move the lock lever and lock the landing gear anymore, perhaps I'm missing something for this one but it looks strange.

Again it's very repeatable.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I don't think it's the conflicting axes problem, as this particular and a bit old glitch has been reported many times by many users (including me). It doesn't seem to be treated as high priority issue, though, probably because it goes away as soon as You start taxiig.

Not sure about lock lever, but I admit I haven't flown the bird for a while. It used to work OK, but maybe something got bugged in the meantime (a good excuse to do some test-flying today :D).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Have you got conflicting Axes? The first thing you need to do when you configure a new module is to check there are no duplications in the stick, throttle and rudder axes.

Hint; There are always conflicts.

No conflict, I make a point to delete all those triple-assignments every time. I initially thought that removing them in the general settings would do, and that they would be selectively copied on the new aircraft, but unfortunately this isn't the case so on every new install or aircraft, I do the clean-up - having the pitch controlled by the rudder pedal, for instance, is not so fun ;)

I don't think it's the conflicting axes problem, as this particular and a bit old glitch has been reported many times by many users (including me). It doesn't seem to be treated as high priority issue, though, probably because it goes away as soon as You start taxiig.

Not sure about lock lever, but I admit I haven't flown the bird for a while. It used to work OK, but maybe something got bugged in the meantime (a good excuse to do some test-flying today :D).

Yep, that's not a question of life and death, especially the 2nd one. But I'm concerned the first one could hide something else.

Happy I could give you an excuse to take her out for a spin :D

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Re: 2

What do you mean by after landing? During the landing roll/taxiing to parking, after stopping the aircraft or after shutdown? Cause I locked the lever just fine yesterday when I was cleaning up the airplane after landing.

Re: 2

What do you mean by after landing? During the landing roll/taxiing to parking, after stopping the aircraft or after shutdown? Cause I locked the lever just fine yesterday when I was cleaning up the airplane after landing.

After taxiing, before shutting down everything. I also tried during the taxi back to the parking, or after shutting down the engine, but in anycase it's just a mechanical lock so it shouldn't matter. I tried that several times, I never could lock it except at the very beginning, before retracting the gear for the first time.

Don't want to sound like a smartass, but are You sure You flipped the gear lever to neutral position first :D? Unlike in MiG-21, the lock switch in the -15 works only with lever in neutral. I just checked it in both 1.5.4 OB and 2.0 and it operates OK.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Don't want to sound like a smartass, but are You sure You flipped the gear lever to neutral position first :D? Unlike in MiG-21, the lock switch in the -15 works only with lever in neutral. I just checked it in both 1.5.4 OB and 2.0 and it operates OK.

That's exactly what I was doing wrong :D

Well spotted, thanks!