A-10C is here to stay.

Frisco1522

"They have re-geared up, we’ve turned on the depot line, we’re building it back up in capacity and supply chain,” said Pawlikowski. “Our command, anyway, is approaching this as another airplane that we are sustaining indefinitely."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a23537/air-force-fires-up-depot-line-keep-a-10s-flying-indefinitely/

http://www.businessinsider.com/air-force-keep-a10-indefinitely-2016-10

Frisco1522

• Like 1

It's a good day for the Hog, for sure.

Lotsa happy ground pounders, too.....

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

I am so very glad to read this. Thanks for the link. I miss being around the Hog and the Pilots.:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

I believe there is only 10 hog squadrons left, 6 of them being guard and 1 training/weapon school squadron I believe. In the last 10 years 10's of hogs have been sent to the yard and some of them are now being used and tooken out for even more scraps. The USAF high command is not really thrilled to tell everyone about delays with Fat Amy, and the massive controversy that surronds anything with the Hog. In my hopeful mind the Hog has perhaps a little over 10-15 years max with this new news that was mentioned in the articles, the airforce needs a a dedicated CAS aircraft (even ifs smaller and lighter think Scorpion or Super Tucano) that they can operate cheaply. 35k an hour for fuel alone on a SINGLE F-35 is simply too exspensive, especially in the war we are fighting now, the one we have been fighting for a while and that will go on for a while too. I believe before this big news came out the USAF wanted to start retiring the rest of the Hogs from 2020-2022? It will be interesting to see if the A-10 is quietly kept in service for the next 10-15 years. We just never know, this is way beyond any of our heads. Nobody thought we'd be using F-15's and F-16's as our main fighter force today, and both of those platforms will still be in large numbers well until the 2030-2040. We really dont know what will happen with the Hog, the plane has made such a mess politically. I really hope it will last and be around for some time, this article and quote has really brought up my hopes (I want to fly the Hog), but you never just know.

What Im trying to get at is, while this news is great, you never know with the USAF, I really hope the Hog will stay around for atleast another decade (Im guessing this because they wouldnt spend 2 billion and get them all new wings just to have everyone retired in 6 years!). This is great news and I hope it truly is true, but atleast we know our believed Hogs will be keeping American's and their allies safe, and keeping our boys alive for some more years to come!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Is the 2 billion dollar deal with Boeing still on though? Or was that a misinterpretation? Because if it is true new wings are being put on that is a big deal, meaning it most likely still got probably another decade before they sit in the sun forever. As I said before and this document said, its too far into the future too know