Crash on start

Draco

I've been playing Lomac since it came out and it's always run great. but recently I've developed a problem where it crashes during initialization. I've tried everything i can think of... reinstalled lock-on, updated my graphics drivers, tweaked settings... everything short of re-formating becasue that just isn't an option. so please if any one has any ideas I havn't flown in weeks...

specs:

pentium 4 3.4ghz

2 GB RAM

Ati mobility radeon 9700 w/ catalyst 6.9 drivers

windows XP service pack 2

When does it crash exactly? just after reaching main menu or just after mission load?

Do you notice the hard drive give more effort than usual?

LOMAc doesnt like it one bit to wait for hard drive accesses. I used to have that issue when I had only 1 GIG of ram.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

it never evan makes it that far... since reinstalling to 1.0 the order goes click launch, splash screen comes up for a few seconds goes away tray Icon comes up I get the missle launch sound and about two beeps of the old startup sounds than the sound stop and the tray icon vanishes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I can remember that there was a problem when downgrading to an earlier version. This could be solved by running the attached "Lockon.bat" once instead of Lockon.exe. This will run the also included "deleteobsoletefiles.bat". Maybe you want to give it a try.

But please make a copy of your LockOn folder first, I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong :music_whistling:

lockon.zip

no ideas here. I find it strange that even after you uninstall the game and reinstall again original version (v1.0 out of the box) it won't run?

Maybe you could try just reinstalling WindowsXP SP2, just run installation file as if it was never installed, no need to uninstall it.

Other than this, I have no idea why it won't run. If all your other games work fine and only this one doesn't, that's just weird.

If I were you, I'd uninstall lock-on completely, delete any folders from it, reboot, install SP2 again, reboot, install lock-on from CD and try run it like that. If it still doesn't run it might as well be that you have some system problem. You sure you (or someone else without you knowing) did something to the system files or something?

No longer active in DCS...

turns out it has sometyhing to do with my sound card, a realtek AC97 I disabled it and got LO to initialize and run, just without sound. updated the drivers and reenabled the soundcard and it still has no sound but still runs. so I've replaced one problem with another but atleast its' a step in the right direction. if anyone has any ideas on this one let me know.

• 3 weeks later...