Su-33 A2G roles

zare

I know that Su-33 doesn't have A2G radar in LOMAC (as in real life). However, it can launch "guided" Moskit, if the missile is data-fed in the mission editor properly. I used LOPE to tweak weapons capacity of Su-33, and enabled it to carry Kh-22 missiles. Setted up everything correctly in mission editor, just that target is some ground object, instead of the ship.

Entering A2G HUD mode, i get cues, i have an filled triangle with target number on my MFD, missile is selected, but i can't get launch authorization. Both Kh-41 and Kh-22 are AR/inertial guided, so why would there be a difference between launching them in LOMAC, if they are of same homing type, and they are fed with data on the same basis?

Is there any way i can launch any guided A2G missile from the Su-33? Tweaks, mods, anything? Also, can any of flyable aircraft, with tweaks and tricks, launch Kh-65?

I have one button programed with a macro, insta-lock-override-fire-return-to normal-LA. Quite handy for those times your missile is mysteriously stuck on the rack.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

...I used LOPE to tweak weapons capacity of Su-33, and enabled it to carry Kh-22 missiles....i get cues, i have an filled triangle with target number on my MFD, missile is selected, but i can't get launch authorization...

Is there any way i can launch any guided A2G missile from the Su-33? Tweaks, mods, anything?

No tweaks are necessary for launch once you've added it through LOPE. You're probably just too close. Minimum launch range is something like 40 km. Try launching from farther out.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

In my "test" mission, i placed Su-33 right in the air, 150 km away from the targeting object. Tried to get LA from the start, when i approached to couple of miles with no LA, i saw that something ain't right. So, range is no problem. Or i messed something up in mission editor. Lets resume, please :

1. Add a role to Su-33, "ground attack", payload - Kh22.

2. Program route, one of waypoints to "attack".

3. Add a ground object, set Su-33's "targeting" to that object's coordinates.

4. Mission objective - assign to destruction of that object.

That's the way i used for Moskit and anti-ship missions. I still can't get LA, i'll try to override and see where that missile ends up.

What other missiles can i install on 33 with LOPE? Only active-radar ones, or others will work too? I would really, really like to fire Kh-65 on something :joystick:

OK. First of all, which version of the sim are you flying. My flight with the LOPEd Kh-22 was made with FC V1.12a. My proceedure was as you stated. When you say: "set Su-33's "targeting" to that object's coordinates" are you clicking on the object while the OBJECT button (vs coordinate) is selected in the Targeting Screen? That's how it should be set up. Nor did I bother setting a mission objective, since it's not necessary to get things to work. That's simply there so that you have a measure of your success or failure.

I have no idea what other missiles you can install and have work with LOPE. This is the first and only time I've used the utility. Saw your post and was curious. So I set up a quick mission. Got launch authorization at a range of about 130 km. Authorization disappeared at around 40 km.

EDIT: I think you must be flying LOMAC V1.02. Just tried there and you do not get launch authorization. Pressing the ALT-W override allows the launch--and the missile tracks properly--though there is no HUD indication that you have permission to launch until AFTER you launch. As soon as the missile is in the air, the HUD displays the LA cue.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yes, i'm flying LOMAC 1.02.

I placed an battletank somewhere 100km away from my initial point, route to it, and attack waypoint on it. Targeting for that attack waypoint was on "object", "primary", "missile", and clicked on the tank. Now, the target shown "building", but had same coodrs as the tank.

And there are no buildings nearby, that tank was in middle of Crimea.

Got up, and no LA again, tried override, no effect. Then, i hopped to options screen, input, there is no entry of "override LA" or something alike. Alt-W, you say? Hmm...well then i created a mission, placed a Flanker 100 km away from B-52. I locked B-52 when it was 80 km away with my radar, R-27ER was helluva outside it's envelope, Alt-W, nothing. Seems no override for me.

Just to be curious, i didn't end that mission now, i wanted to see how IRST can lock up on B-52. It locked on ~ 20 km distance, i selected R-27ET, approached, got LA, fired two, and then the bomber started releasing countermeasures, and both missiles failed. How did it know something was coming? The AI might known i was behind it, because i kept radar lock when i tried that SARH missile launch override, but it started throwing flares around in the same moment when i squezed my trigger.

...and no LA again, tried override, no effect. Then, i hopped to options screen, input, there is no entry of "override LA" or something alike. Alt-W, you say? Hmm...well then i created a mission, placed a Flanker 100 km away from B-52. I locked B-52 when it was 80 km away with my radar, R-27ER was helluva outside it's envelope, Alt-W, nothing. Seems no override for me.

Launch override is 4th from the bottom of the Combat page:

ScreenShot_035.jpg

...How did it know something was coming? The AI might known i was behind it, because i kept radar lock when i tried that SARH missile launch override, but it started throwing flares around in the same moment when i squezed my trigger.

If your radar is on when you launch, they'll know. You can sneak up and launch but only with radar off and from behind. Otherwise they "see" you.

Rich

_____

Well...

Clipboard.jpg

Regarding that IR launch, radar was off. How could it be on, when only IRST or RADAR mode can be active under BVR HUD mode at the same time?

But, let's sat that i used EOS for scanning and launching, and radar was on. I mean, his TWS could have detected my scanning beams, but there was no track beam, so why would it alert launch?