This is quite annoying

leafer

I get 'lockon.exe needed to close...etc' error quite often. I think it might be because I am using old Nvidia driver. I had to reinstall XP, but I don't have any choice. I don't have Internet access at home and the connection at this Internet cafe is horribly slow and I am charged by the hour.

The last time it happens, two nights ago, I couldn't start FC again. So I had to uninstall FC which meant I had to do another manual activation. I know about registry save but I guess I didn't do it properly and it didn't work. So now I have three activations left. Not to mention the trouble I had to go through because like I said, I don't have an Internet at home.

Two days ago I actually explained in detailed the frustration I had to endure because of Star Force (yes, and my stupidity as well) but after I hit the submit button, the freaking net connection failed.

Let just say I was not a happy with ED two days ago. It's one thing after another and I ended up having to hop on several buses to a net cafe in Bangkok because this place has better net connection than where I am living. I spent total of almost 120 baht on bus fee and wasted, I kid you not, 6 hours! I was man on fire that day I tell you. If I wasn't brown, my face would have beed mokey's @ss red. However, I did go ape shit for hours.

I don't know, man... This SF thing.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Makes something like Norton's Ghost seem worth the money. I hope you sorted yourself out.

BTW. If you want to use the same starfoce registration save in future. Be sure to use the same username and computer name after a format. This may have been the original problem.

First you should find the problem with the compter that is causeing FC to crash (wich is not very difficult...) try lowering the grapgics quality, etc.

How good is your computer? Mine couldn´t handle FC in a decent way till I had 1 GB ram, before that, with 512MB i got FC crashes all the time.

Ardillita,

My computer: 2.0 celeron, 512 mb, Gf 5200. LOL

I know. I know... I should have just left the graphics settings alone but I couldn't help myself. When I was'nt dropping bombs I kept having this urge to fly lomac with the textures in all its glory. And lightning. And FXs. But I never touched the water and heat blur, I swear!

Yeah, I knew what was causing the problem and have only myself to blame but if it wasn't for SF, I would have just reinstalled.

Ice,

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know that.

NanoMan,

No sweat, brother. :D Even though I am living in a project, I have a pretty wife and a real cute daughter, so life isn't so bad. And I plan on getting out of here just as soon as I sell my screenplay. :)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P