Consistent function key assigments for comms menus

Hippo

Hi, this one has nagged at me for ages.

I use VAC for comms and it would be really helpful if the same key was always assigned to the same command.

e.g. on one submenu on the A-10 "abort takeoff" is assigned to F3, but on another it's F2. This makes it impractical to assign an "abort takeoff" command, as it won't work in all menus. Another example is the "rejoin formation" command, which gets a different key on flight / wingman menus.

I do realise that

- this is a very specific request

- there may be practicalities I'm not aware of that make this impossible

- it may make things worse for people using the keyboard

However, I thought I'd ask anyway - don't ask, don't get and all that....

Alternatively, does anyone know if is there a way to change the key assignments?

Cheers. As ever, great sim, many thanks for all your efforts.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Watch Frooglesim's VA video:

Around 7 min or so, he addresses this exact pain point.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Many thanks for posting that, it was very useful. I had heard of Voice Attack, but was perfectly happy with VAC, so had never looked into it. Those are some pretty nifty features you point out from the video. I will investigate what else Voice Attack offers, and might get that instead.

The way I prefer to do things is different to Froogle's, as I read out each command as it appears on screen and have VAC send one keystroke each time. This is unlike the (more usual) method of saying the whole command and having the voice software send all the keystrokes in one go. My memory abilities are just not up to remembering all the possible combinations, especially with multiple aircraft, and periods of being away from the sim.

So, for now, I continue to humbly ask that ED consider my request.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals