Warthog shift axis possible?

True, however if using TARGET who's purpose is to primarily emulate keystrokes, I am not sure why one would use TARGET and then just map the buttons within the game. Although one could certainly have a combination of both, some mapped within the game and some programmed to emulate keystrokes in TARGET.

Most of the time you'd need to actually program something only for some buttons, so leaving the other buttons as regular stick buttons make thing easier.

At the very beginning (with LO/FC2/FC3) I was tinkering a lot and trying to put something on every single button with different states and all, so I had big profiles, but now with clickable cockpits you only need several functions on the stick as the rest is reachable with the mouse, so it's not really necessary.

It is very rare now that I rely on programming for some functions, I keep my profile very short and put everything in DCS as normal button presses.

I never use shift state, sometimes I use TEMPO or SEQ but it's rare, as I have enough buttons to do everything most of the time.

Edited by PiedDroit

It is very rare now that I rely on programming for some functions, I keep my profile very short and put everything in DCS as normal button presses.

I never use shift state, sometimes I use TEMPO or SEQ but it's rare, as I have enough buttons to do everything most of the time.

Pretty much the same here, except I have gotten away from using TARGET with DCS as I mentioned earlier - really the control menu in DCS for me, at least so far, offers more than I need to do. I do use TARGET for some of my other sims though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

thanks both guys, I think I got it now (I use "think" :D because I just have the hotas for a day and havent really do other thing with it but fooling around yet :D ) but I need more time to read everything again and do some test. :thumbup:

Btw, no "color" leds? damn!, if all of them are green then, its hard to realize what going on, I though you could change the color so it would be very nice to use them to confirm gear down, oxigen system on, APU on, etc...but if all are just green :cry: then no worth the head aches as you said :D

Take a look at my MODS here

If you want to keep the stick and throttle separate (so the default DCS profile still works), but also use TARGET for external commands...

In your .tmh file, replace this line:

if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1;

with these three:

Configure(&Joystick, MODE_KEEPENABLED);
Configure(&Throttle, MODE_KEEPENABLED);
if(Init(&EventHandle, CREATE_KEYBOARD+CREATE_MOUSE)) return 1;

If you want to keep the stick and throttle separate (so the default DCS profile still works), but also use TARGET for external commands...

In your .tmh file, replace this line:

if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1;

with these three:

Configure(&Joystick, MODE_KEEPENABLED);
Configure(&Throttle, MODE_KEEPENABLED);
if(Init(&EventHandle, CREATE_KEYBOARD+CREATE_MOUSE)) return 1;

Yup, but bear in mind that when doing this your "Thrustmaster Combined" can only generate keyboard key strokes and mouse output, so, no axis (which is the thread's question).

I personally use MODE_FILTERED, with this mode you can have all three devices active at the same time (stick, throttle and combined) with all DX outputs and axis available.

We can dump all tips we have, it could be useful but it will be soon overwhelming :D.

Here's one for free: when assigning a key, you can use DX outputs (ex: DX1) instead of keyboard keys (ex: 'm').

I personally use MODE_FILTERED,

Great! That's what I needed ))

But if I'll set it in *.tmh, would not it reset after *.fcf was edited?

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

Wow!, you guys are REAAALLY joystick gurus!!:) incredible what you can do with the warthog, but also requires a hell of a time investment to learn it.

About the leds, you can change intensity but not sure if the color. Also, is it normal that in the intensity slider there is always a noth that doesnt seem to work?? I mean if I test from off to max intensity there is always (randomly) one of the levels that does nothing :huh:...very weird.

Hope it stays with me MANY years without breaking.:thumbup:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Great! That's what I needed ))

But if I'll set it in *.tmh, would not it reset after *.fcf was edited?

It will probably reset, if you modify your .fcf (I guess), I can't tell you as didn't experiment with .fcf. Just try it ;)

Wow!, you guys are REAAALLY joystick gurus!!:) incredible what you can do with the warthog, but also requires a hell of a time investment to learn it.

About the leds, you can change intensity but not sure if the color. Also, is it normal that in the intensity slider there is always a noth that doesnt seem to work?? I mean if I test from off to max intensity there is always (randomly) one of the levels that does nothing :huh:...very weird.

Hope it stays with me MANY years without breaking.:thumbup:

For the leds, I told you it was a bit flaky, some users had more chance than others. I'm not using them at all now since for me it was making my profiles unstable (sometime it would stop responding and I need to stop and restart).

Also depending on which intensity value it was more or less stable.

I don't know the exact reason but some user once hinted it would be power issue, changing it would affect the board's other components.

The slider has a little bump in the middle, it's normal. In that middle area values don't update.

P.S.: Attention:

Important thing with the WH: avoid plugging it into a powered USB hub or on an USB 3.0 port without doing a bit of reading first.

Some users had bricked throttles (read: dead board) because of that kind of thing. I also had this kind of issues too with USB 3.0 ports, I didn't brick it but the throttle would stop working from time to time and I needed to unplug/replug (even with the port set to not go to sleep mode in windows).

It only got well as soon as I used the PC USB 2.0 ports or an unpowered USB 2.0 HUB with buttons to switch off the ports. I also make sure not to boot the PC with the ports connected, just in case.

If you take care of this you shouldn't have any nasty issue.

Again, it's variable, some user use it on USB 3.0 without issues, some other not.

If you treat it right it will give you long years of service ;)

Edited by PiedDroit

PiedDroit, I performed following:

- made .fcf profile in TARGET

- added a needed features with a scripts to appropriate .tmc

Then I run that .fcf and it worked propely like I wanted. But after editing of .fcf the .tmc script was reseted to the state accordong .fcf without any my script addings.

I suspect the same behaviour for .tmh

Also I can approve that TMHW is away of USB 3.0. I know that people had a troubles using this sequence (not fatal).

Отправлено с моего GT-I9082 через Tapatalk

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

PiedDroit, I performed following:

- made .fcf profile in TARGET

- added a needed features with a scripts to appropriate .tmc

Then I run that .fcf and it worked propely like I wanted. But after editing of .fcf the .tmc script was reseted to the state accordong .fcf without any my script addings.

I suspect the same behaviour for .tmh

Also I can approve that TMHW is away of USB 3.0. I know that people had a troubles using this sequence (not fatal).

I suspected so about the .fcf. I don't have much experience with it as I only made my profiles through the TARGET script editor, so, this is good to know.

...as I only made my profiles through the TARGET script editor...

How do you launch them? Via script editor every time?

=WRAG=345