Ballooning on takeoff

Damocles

Clearly, the foot pedal brake control isn't effective in your set up because your hardware is not up to snuff.

Curves just cloud the issue of fine control, they certainly don't help one jot, so I'd recommend always trying to fly without them, and trying to get a real feel of how the aircraft responds without them. At best, they are just a sticking plaster fix for the real problem - which is a pilot's inability to correctly control inputs. Far and away the best controller fix is a long stick, though of course this doesn't help with brake axes.

You seem to me to have a very spikey, noisy axis for the brake pedal, which is why you feel the slider works better. Did you however selected the slider option in the axis tuning page for the brake pedal? I'd suggest trying that, with zero dead zone, and unchanged curves. Then give it lots of time to get used to the situation before you go ahead and start setting any kind of curve or deadzone. Frankly, until you know how the controller behaves without them, how the hell can you decide anything?

Clearly, the foot pedal brake control isn't effective in your set up because your hardware is not up to snuff.

Curves just cloud the issue of fine control, they certainly don't help one jot, so I'd recommend always trying to fly without them, and trying to get a real feel of how the aircraft responds without them. At best, they are just a sticking plaster fix for the real problem - which is a pilot's inability to correctly control inputs. Far and away the best controller fix is a long stick, though of course this doesn't help with brake axes.

You seem to me to have a very spikey, noisy axis for the brake pedal, which is why you feel the slider works better. Did you however selected the slider option in the axis tuning page for the brake pedal? I'd suggest trying that, with zero dead zone, and unchanged curves. Then give it lots of time to get used to the situation before you go ahead and start setting any kind of curve or deadzone. Frankly, until you know how the controller behaves without them, how the hell can you decide anything?

Could I get a little more info on hardware not up to snuff, and spikey pedals?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.