Need help with Trimming.

REDS26

Hello everyone , im new to these forums and flaming cliffs so bear with me. I seem to be having problems getting my a10 to trim . It wont work on the keyboard or with the keyboard and hat/thumb buttons. If i try changing it to just the hat/thumb buttons on its own it still doesnt work. Any ideas on this ? Its hard flying a plane that just wants to point to the ground all the time . Thanks in advance.

Well first of all, if your heading towards a waypoint, just hit Alt+3 which will level out your aircraft and fly directly straight. It will set your trim to that altitude and then once you see it flying level, hit Alt+9 to disengage the autopilot and take it manually :). By the way if you want to set it "manually" the keys are cntrl+; and cntrl+.

hmmmm. just for random, go to options and hit Default for everything then see if it works. You never know, first check what your joystick is doing in the TEST of the axis. See if your pitch is dipping down a little or anything, but like I said try hitting Default to reset every command and see if it changes anything.

Have you got a second controller (joystick, wheel, gamepad, ...) plugged into your PC - perhaps one of the axes on it (those) are interfering with the ingame pitch axis?

You mention the aircraft is constantly nose down, sounds more like a pitch axis issue rather than trim - with the right throttle settings not using trim you should be able to fly fairly well - trim just eliminates the constant adjustments you have to make....so you can fly in your current attitude relatively hands free...)

vvs504sig.jpgvvs504sig.jpg

BomberWing, VVS504 Red Hammers -

http://www.vvs504.co.uk