Saitek/Logitec pedals not working at boot, fine after a replug

Hi guys,

I finally invested in a set of Saitek Combat pedals, now actually sold by Logitec.

The odd thing is, they don't work after a fresh boot of the PC. I discover once in the game and do a flight control check that I have no rudders. I have to climb under the table, unplug them and plug them back in. Then they work fine until I reboot.

Has anyone seen similar issues and is there a known solution?

Googling revealed many people have similar problems, but as usually few fixes.

Machine is Windows 7. I installed the drivers from the Saitek website, but oddly they are branded "Mad Catz", so I'm a little suspicious.

On a totally different point, are there any suggestions to make toe braking easier? I find it quite difficult to apply the brakes evenly and tend to wiggle my way down the runway. I envision some form of control mapping to link the pedals and only allow differential braking once there is a large differential in the pedals themselves.

Cheers,

Paul

Are you plugging the pedals into the pc mobo usb slots or into a usb hub?

If a hub, try a mobo slot maybe or a better powered hub.

Toe braking.

Depends on what you are flying, but generally speaking;

you need to assign the toe brake functions in the game 'AXIS' controls interface, not buttons.

Also in the axis controls you should be able to adjust the sensitivity of the brakes by fine tuning the curve. (in DCS its Axis Tune tab)

Mad Catz bought Saitek some time ago, and recently sold to logitech.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Are you plugging the pedals into the pc mobo usb slots or into a usb hub?

If a hub, try a mobo slot maybe or a better powered hub.

Toe braking.

The pedals are plugged into the Mobo USB. Usually the pedals don't work until I unplugged and replug them. Tonight I did this straight after boot up anticipating it, but when DCS loaded I had to unplug/replug them again to get them to work.

Toe brakes. They are set individual axises(sp?) I just don't seem to be able to apply the two pedals evenly enough. Flying the A10 or the F15. I tried to apply both feet at the same rate, but invariably one brake 'catches' first. It's okay taxiing it's more braking on landing at 80 knots or so, it causes a nasty veer to one side. I can quickly 'pivot' my feet or try and steer against it or both but... it's not easy.

Hi guys,

I finally invested in a set of Saitek Combat pedals, now actually sold by Logitec.

The odd thing is, they don't work after a fresh boot of the PC. I discover once in the game and do a flight control check that I have no rudders. I have to climb under the table, unplug them and plug them back in. Then they work fine until I reboot.

Has anyone seen similar issues and is there a known solution?

Would be multiple setting in the Motherboards BIOS to fix that (have to be computer savy to do this), something along the lines of:

• To get to BIOS on most M/B by pressing DELete key (F2 for other brand names) whilst post screen showing and before booting main operating system.
  • Full initializing the USB port for legacy DOS, EHCI on bootup, etc.
  • Type and brand of USB port chipsets can make a huge difference, INTEL chipsets driven USB ports have best compatiblity, Asmedia ones have issues, USB 2.0 better than USB 3.0 for older devices, so if it isn't working fine on one port try another.
  • I have had certain external USB hdd not detect on my system until I played around with the different settings, particulary enabling the XHCI stuff.
  • Anyway below is a link to forum on issue, that may help you.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1477283/asus-bios-no-usb-during-boot

On a totally different point, are there any suggestions to make toe braking easier? I find it quite difficult to apply the brakes evenly and tend to wiggle my way down the runway.

Have same problem, no resistance or feed back from toe brake pedals is the main problem, they just require so little pressure and have so little travel, best to change the curves so that they apply very slowly first up and increase in pressure the more you approach max application (Curves=20 -> 30 for example).

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Same thing here I just unplug the plug it back into the the PC if I have to reboot the computer. Seems to work fine after power off then power on.

Seems to happen in both USB 2 and 3 on board usb sockets.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.