RB15 destroyed when launching aircraft is destroyed.

JanTelefon

It currently seems like if you launch a RB15 and crash before the missile hits a target, the missile is destroyed. It just detonates mid-air. I have only tested this by crashing into the ground. I have not tested if there's a different result when you get shot down. I have only done tests in SP. Can anyone else confirm this?

Update: After some more testing the RB15 is indeed destroyed if the launching Viggen crashes. If I instead eject, the missile makes a sharp turn upwards or downwards and crashes/explodes. Very strange behaviour. The sam thing applieas for the BK90. If I crash they expplode.

Edited by JanTelefon

• 1 year later...
Confirmed, BK90 and Rb15 self destruct once the launching aircraft is dead, can reproduce by firing then ejecting.

I know for a fact that this is true for the RB15s, yesterday though i got a liiiiittle desoriented getting out of an SA15s engagement zone and steered my Viggen into the ground. The two BK90s i launched at it continued to guide and employ properly though, killing the SA15.

If you tested it with ejecting, maybe there is a difference?

• 5 years later...
8 hours ago, xakura said:

Still a bug, with both Rb04 and Rb15.

Also happens if you launch more than you can carry, with unlimited weapons enabled.

I'm not sure this can be classified as a "bug". While it's not realistic, is it working as HB designed it.