Nvidia 8800gts + 2.6 AMD Dual Core =

OK, now the "Reference":

Sys:

- Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 754, X800 XT-PE all at stock speed

- Cat 6.10 @1280x1024, 4xAA, 16xAF, High Quality on everything possible, Cat AI on

- Lomac: All maxed except: Water on high and vis. Range on medium

- Mods: No FPS mods

gB8lW52B.jpg

S7VisO3O.jpg

sometimes it goes down to 10 fps but not less...

...what do u think?

min fps is what counts for me:D

Stick that 8800 GTX/GTS together with a Core2duo running at 2,67 or 3 GHz and i bett one will see an improvement. I wanted to buy one but the IRS told me that i have to pay more than i expected:mad:

S!

Brati

EDIT: @ deathcoffin: second screens u posted are NOT the real deal. Where are the trees surrounding the city?

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

OKOK, no pun intended:smilewink:

... but u have to admitt that in your first two screenshot series there where no trees around the city:D All i intend is a maximum of comparability to show which rigs and wich settings produce which impact so one can judge which upgrade might be worth for lomac.

S!

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

I dont remember flying without trees maybe i did not take a shot of that patch of forest rather focusing more on buildings. Settings are as high as i can go. I noticed a big change of performance for the better ever since i switch from the 7900 gtx to 8800 gtx but still fps could be much better if i had a better cpu because right now the cpu that im using is not pumping even juice for the gfx card to work at its bestest. Both the cpu and the gfx card work as one from what i can tell now. I have a friend who has the same card as me but is using an amd athlon FX series cpu and he has better off fps than me.

Same boat... nothing in this conversation can deny the CPU limits of LOMAC, that as they say "is a dead horse" ... What I wanted is ATI IQ with Nvidia FPS and Driver Support... Still experimenting, I realized yesterday that I didnt have texture filtering to "high quality" ...man i hate that new CP. I'll try the one other driver this weekend but the IQ is looking real good now.

OK, now the "Reference":

Sys:

- Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 754, X800 XT-PE all at stock speed

- Cat 6.10 @1280x1024, 4xAA, 16xAF, High Quality on everything possible, Cat AI on

- Lomac: All maxed except: Water on high and vis. Range on medium

- Mods: No FPS mods

gB8lW52B.jpg

S7VisO3O.jpg

sometimes it goes down to 10 fps but not less...

...what do u think?

min fps is what counts for me:D

ATI image quality is awesome, nice screen shots.

I have to agree with you regarding min fps but trying to find a balance in LO is pretty hard seeing as the fps swing is so high, from like 70fps to under 20 at times and that’s with in the same mission. I’m still balancing things out with my 7600gt and for me the kind of IQ in the two pics below looks great and keeps me between 15 to 20fps in highly stressed areas but for the most part I see just above 30 on average in cockpit and obviously even higher in external views.

screenshot065sk1.th.jpg

screenshot073ft1.th.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

ATI image quality is awesome, nice screen shots.

I have to agree with you regarding min fps but trying to find a balance in LO is pretty hard seeing as the fps swing is so high, from like 70fps to under 20 at times and that’s with in the same mission. I’m still balancing things out with my 7600gt and for me the kind of IQ in the two pics below looks great and keeps me between 15 to 20fps in highly stressed areas but for the most part I see just above 30 on average in cockpit and obviously even higher in external views.

screenshot065sk1.th.jpg

screenshot073ft1.th.jpg

The quality of that last SS is amazing...Guess i´ll have to buy a new graphics card...mine getting a little "rusty"

Cumpz

• 3 weeks later...

My first entry in here... ;)

Hi there,I recently bought a new computer. The old one was an AMD 2400+ with an ATI Radeon 9000 (64 MB), 768 MB RAM.

LockOn was running fine with 1024 x 786 and low water quality. i had performance problems when i got above the clouds though.

The new one runs with Intel Core Duo 2 CPU @6600 2.40 GHz, GeForce 8800GTX (768 MB), 2 GB RAM.

LockOn runs fine with the highest settings. I noticed a low framerate with mirrors enabled, especially with max. zoom-out.

I couldn't notice any display improvements though. It looks the same and just runs faster. I use LockOn V.1.02 by the way.

PS: VERY Off-Topic: Are there any graphical improvements in LO Flaming Cliffs?

Or are there just more textures? Im thinking of updating to FC, but I'm not sure if it's worth 20$ if its just one extra jet and some texture and weapon improvements.

I saw some nice gameplay movies with nice light-effects (when releasing weapons, especially at night), and sound-effects (e.g. Fly-By) which i didn't notice at LO 1.02. I don't know if its just edited in the movie or if it is like this in the game.

Or should I just wait for Black Shark?

Thanks

My first entry in here... ;)

PS: VERY Off-Topic: Are there any graphical improvements in LO Flaming Cliffs?

Or are there just more textures? Im thinking of updating to FC, but I'm not sure if it's worth 20$ if its just one extra jet and some texture and weapon improvements.

I saw some nice gameplay movies with nice light-effects (when releasing weapons, especially at night), and sound-effects (e.g. Fly-By) which i didn't notice at LO 1.02. I don't know if its just edited in the movie or if it is like this in the game.

Or should I just wait for Black Shark?

Thanks

Bro: you just spent all of that loot on an upgrade why not spend an addional 20 bucks and get the whole package ... Then you'll be able to judge for your self...

:rotflmao:

But I'll give you one small hint anyway, The damage model has improved a lot with the addon...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Yeh.... I would spend 20 dollars for the Su25t and damage model alone.

Don't base it off of game play movies though, the effects they put in the movies make the game seem graphically better.

Guys... I kinda left this thread dead, the card has been great. Image quality is awesome (The initial sceenshots i put up were on lower qualities.) Still cpu limited, but there's more overhead there for sure. I'm usually running at 8af and 8aa though... anymore really and opposing fighters are just tiny dots.

I am running lockOn at 4xAA 16AF, 1680x1050 resolution. Recently upgraded(?) from 2x 7800GTX SLI to 8800GTS but seeing no FPS gain except IQ.

The frame rate of the game is so bad I have to play with either visible range = medium or water = medium to make the game playable (everything else at high). Tough choice but I usually set water = medium other than visible range cut.

My spec is AMD 3700 sandiego @ 2.7ghz, 2x 1GB RAM, 8800GTS on windows XP professional.

I heard many people saying this game is badly optimised but after I play FSX I have to disagree with them be cause FSX doesn't look any better than lockOn yet the frame rate is 10times worse.

Trust me.....it's worth the $15 buck...you cheapskate.

thank you ;) I have haze on by the way. u should know that I'm half scottish. And you might know what people say about scottish people and how they spend their money ;) I just wanted to know what I'm going to buy there and what people think who already updated their V.1.02

I'll give it a try i think.

Thank you all

Ok, back to topic now ;)

On the fps topic, is it possible to cap the fps at all?

I'm just curious, and reason being is I find often a game appears much smoother when I can lock the fps at say 60, when I can actually get 80-200 fps out of the game. I find the jumps from, say, 130 down to 80 quite noticeable as opposed to having the fps locked at 60. I find when the fps bounces all over the place, even when its above 80 it can tend to feel alittle gittery. Obviously this is nothing to complain about, but with some experiementing, I found locking the fps at a high, but slightly lower then my average fps gave me a much more consistent, smoother, and "relaxed" feel to the game. The only jumps occuring when it drops below 60 or whatever the cap is. In which case it is unavoidable to escape the gitter.

My suspicion is no..

On the fps topic, is it possible to cap the fps at all?

I'm just curious, and reason being is I find often a game appears much smoother when I can lock the fps at say 60, when I can actually get 80-200 fps out of the game. I find the jumps from, say, 130 down to 80 quite noticeable as opposed to having the fps locked at 60. I find when the fps bounces all over the place, even when its above 80 it can tend to feel alittle gittery. Obviously this is nothing to complain about, but with some experiementing, I found locking the fps at a high, but slightly lower then my average fps gave me a much more consistent, smoother, and "relaxed" feel to the game. The only jumps occuring when it drops below 60 or whatever the cap is. In which case it is unavoidable to escape the gitter.

My suspicion is no..

Use v-sync.