RB-15 waypoint wandering?

crudboy12

I am learning to use the RB-15 missile, and I have discovered an issue. When I first fired the missiles, everything was fine; they tracked to their target, and hit. However, after I returned to base and re-armed, the BX-8 way point was 100 km out at sea, and the BX-7 way point was >400 km inland. Why did this happen? neither of the way points were anywhere near where they had been the first time, nor were they near any of my standard or target way points. Is there any way to reset these way points to close enough so that I could actually set them to the correct locations?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

I am learning to use the RB-15 missile, and I have discovered an issue. When I first fired the missiles, everything was fine; they tracked to their target, and hit. However, after I returned to base and re-armed, the BX-8 way point was 100 km out at sea, and the BX-7 way point was >400 km inland. Why did this happen? neither of the way points were anywhere near where they had been the first time, nor were they near any of my standard or target way points. Is there any way to reset these way points to close enough so that I could actually set them to the correct locations?

Did you get the Nav sys warning after takeoff?

And did you remember to switch back to BER mode while re-arming and to set input the airfield you were on as the new starting airfield-Waypoint before takeoff.

Since what it sounds like happening is the the Navigation system getting messed up (my first guess would be due to something done or not done during the landing/Re-Arm/Takeoff window.

Lets say for example you took of from Sochi did you first attack mission went to Sukhumi to land and re-arm and then took off again without making Sukhumi the new starting airfield then the navigation system would be messed up as it would assume you just took of from Sochi

(using one of the two Sochi runways) so all the waypoints might be completely off.

But if you did all this correctly and did not have the Nav Sys warning then im less sure what caused it.

But either way i dont think your problem has anything to do with the

RBS 15 but rather the navigation system.

So first make sure you followed all the navigation procedures correctly and did not make any mistakes on that compartment

(And that you never had the Nav Sys warning).

• Like 1

Did you get the Nav sys warning after takeoff?

And did you remember to switch back to BER mode while re-arming and to set input the airfield you were on as the new starting airfield-Waypoint before takeoff.

Since what it sounds like happening is the the Navigation system getting messed up (my first guess would be due to something done or not done during the landing/Re-Arm/Takeoff window.

Lets say for example you took of from Sochi did you first attack mission went to Sukhumi to land and re-arm and then took off again without making Sukhumi the new starting airfield then the navigation system would be messed up as it would assume you just took of from Sochi

(using one of the two Sochi runways) so all the waypoints might be completely off.

But if you did all this correctly and did not have the Nav Sys warning then im less sure what caused it.

But either way i dont think your problem has anything to do with the

RBS 15 but rather the navigation system.

So first make sure you followed all the navigation procedures correctly and did not make any mistakes on that compartment

(And that you never had the Nav Sys warning).

I did have the Nav Sys warning, but I re-armed on the same runway I took off from. I shut everything down, and then told the computer to load the data again. All my other nav way-points were in the proper spots, the only issue was the Bx way-points.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

You can do a Hot-rearm so simply go master mode BER then load up new weapons and make sure to change the starting airfield before takeoff.

(And if you want to Turn of the engine but dont want to loose Electricity simply connect to ground power

before you turn off the engine that way you wont have to Re-Load data cartridge and input new data etc).

If you had the Nav-Sys warning that is probably why the BX waypoints where off but im confused if they were way off target but the normal waypoints were not.

Do you know why you got the Nav sys warning?

When you said you turned everything off did that mean you turned off the engine and everything etc?

Also how did you get the BX waypoint for the first sortie?

Mission editor or did you load them in during the mission.

(Either by inputting the Coordinates or by using the radar)

Edited by mattebubben