SU-25t training vs campaign issue.

daveelmo

Hello, new player just finding my feet. I have completed all the SU-25t training missions and have a good understanding of the various systems. Thats until i then go into the campaign where the weapons seem to behave differently.

So in the training mission for anti-radar guided missiles you target the SAM site by pressing enter and the missile locks the selected target. However in the 1st campaign mission (Georgian Oil) i can see the SAM sites however when i designate them and press enter it doesnt lock the designated target, i get a red box that then cycles through all of the threats on my HUD, this can sometimes be maybe 10 tagrets which is a real problem cycling through them all until it locks the preferred target.

Is there some difference between the training and campaign systems i have missed?

Hope my description is clear enough for some help.

thanks

Hey dave! It sounds like you have "game avionics mode" turned on accidentally.

Some missions (I suspect the training missions are among them) force this mode off in the mission itself; it's an option you have in the Mission Editor to "enforce" certain settings. The training missions likely have the game avionics/flight modes forced OFF because as you've noticed, the weapons and systems behave differently when these are turned on.

Click the gear icon at the top of the main DCS screen to open the options, and in the gameplay tab make sure "Game flight mode" and "Game avionics mode" are NOT checked. With both of these options off your weapons should behave properly, as you've trained on them. Good luck! :)