Foveated rendering for vive

Freebird23

Check this out:

http://www.roadtovr.com/vive-get-eye-tracking-add-optional-corrective-lenses/

Apparently there's a foveated eye tracking add on coming soon for vive. It works out of the box for any software if you are running nvidia graphics card. It gives extra headroom for gpu by reducing graphics processing for the peripheral vision area that our eyes aren't capable of seeing in detail anyways.

This could give a nice boost for dcs as well.

"The particular laptop computer powering this demo lacked enough power to be formally called ‘VR ready’, and when foveated rendering was disabled I could easily see lots of jitter due to the computer not being able to keep up with the rendering workload. Once foveated rendering was enabled, it allowed the computer to achieve the necessary 90FPS consistently."

If this is true then its fantastic news and the kind of technological breakthrough we and VR is waiting for.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

It's how our eyes work, so hopefully, it'll come to VR soon.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1