X-56 H.O.T.A.S. Not Programming

LazerXXX

I just recently got an X56 to replace my quite old X52 (Got it within 2 weeks of it's release). My problems are these:

Can not program the throttle for cyclic. (it is reporting as being also X,Y axis. Same as Pitch control)

I cannot program any buttons on to the stick. (it's like those buttons have been hardcoded for one operation only).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mb:ROG Strix GL10DH

CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz SSD: Toshiba 1tb & Intel 1tb

RAM:CORSAIR - VENGEANCE LPX Series 16GB 3.0GHz DDR4

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Monitor: 40" UHD 4k TV

Ingame. My biggest problem is that I am trying to use the throttle as collective. The stick is X,Y axis. The throttle is being recognized as X,Y axis as well. So I can not set the throttle as collective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz SSD: Toshiba 1tb & Intel 1tb

Sounds good Coxy. Be glad to hear what you find out. Also, I do not see anyway to remap the Z Axis from the upper rotary to the throttle. Maybe I am just missing something, IDK, but it's FUBARed

Edited by LazerXXX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have an x56 that works great with ka50, let me try to understand ur problem..

When you go to assign axis it auto recognizes one of the "slider/rotary" axis instead?

Make sure you have the correct box selected before assigning axis, it registers x56 stick and x56 throttle but "stick and throttle" are cut off on the settings Colum so if u press a joySTICK key and get nothing but the throttle button works then you are in the throttle settings"

If that's not the problem and you are positive you are assigning the axis to the correct "box" both in settings and throttle unit, you can manually select the axis you want to assign in the drop down menu of "axis assign" without having to move anything physically on your HOTAS .

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

AC Delta...I am about to see if that is the case. I feel rather stupid because there are two columns for the X-56 and I guess I just didn't think of that.

I am not used to my flight controls being two separate inputs. I have been using a H.O.T.A.S. setup since the X-45 came out. As you know, those were single inputs, thus, separate axis assignments for stick and throttle.

Wish me luck, going to try it out now, will let you all know how it goes.

UPDATE: I got it working good now. Thank you all for helping.

Edited by LazerXXX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No need to feel stupid sometimes we all overlook something simple, thats what the forums are good for! Glad you got it working, hope you enjoy your new HOTAS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

After 3 days of messing about, I made profiles in dcs and saved them, So now all i do is select the profile to whatever im using, Ill be honest i have small hands (Make of that what you will) But the A button and very top hat switch i cant use without taking my hand off the the stick, As for the throttle getting my little finger to the far left rotary well its so uncomfortable, I also learnt about ghosting, Now knowing i need maybe a 3.0 hub for the stick, As for setup you have to delete both Axsis and re do them. As a wish i hope ED fix this, As you dont need to do so with the X-52.