Vehicle Spawn Issues and questions - DCS 2.0 homemade mission

jaznit

Hi there,

I've been just been mucking around with a P51 mission, and also making a F15 version of it.

Only got the basics done so far, but I'm struggling to make the following items happen and hoping someone can help or provide answers to the below:

- Enemy Aircraft spawn other than Japan.

Russia and France won't spawn at all. It fails when trying to select a spot on the map to put them in, it won't do it yet Japan works fine.

Update: Infact, it is only Japan as REd or USAF as Blue who actually spawn. No other country on either side will spawn :(

- What relevance would the Bullseye actually do for me in this game? I'm not sure how I could use it in the attached mission.

- Lastly, I've got it so that when the enemy dies I have to land at a random base and refuel/rearm. Is there any easy way to have a waypoint auto added ? I'd like to be able to use this for later missions?

- Is it possible to have it so that there is a ceiling barrier that say if the plane flies above 2000 feet that you can fail the mission (force an engine malfunction)? This would be cool for future parts.

Cheers

Jeff

WW2 SuperPowers v1.miz

Edited by jaznit
file upload

My specs:

- GTX980

- Intel i5-4690 CPU @3.5GHz

- 16GB ram

- 250GB SSD, plus 2 x 2TB HDD

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

Jaznit, I don't use ver 2.0, but here are some ideas based on the 1.5 mission builder. Perhaps they are the same or close? I'm sure some 2.0 builders will see this and chime in.

* You may only use countries and their aircraft that you pre-selected when beginning a new mission. The country selection box should be the first thing that presents itself when you create a new mission. You can move countries in and out of the Red and Blue sides and also into the Neutral area.

* Bullseye is especially useful for AWACS callouts as some bogey info is given relative to bullseye.

* On your ceiling barrier, you can use the condition: "units altitude higher than" to trigger an event or a message/sound file that you are above the mission altitude.

I hope that gets the ball rolling with some ideas for you.

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Jaznit, I don't use ver 2.0, but here are some ideas based on the 1.5 mission builder. Perhaps they are the same or close? I'm sure some 2.0 builders will see this and chime in.

* You may only use countries and their aircraft that you pre-selected when beginning a new mission. The country selection box should be the first thing that presents itself when you create a new mission. You can move countries in and out of the Red and Blue sides and also into the Neutral area.

* Bullseye is especially useful for AWACS callouts as some bogey info is given relative to bullseye.

* On your ceiling barrier, you can use the condition: "units altitude higher than" to trigger an event or a message/sound file that you are above the mission altitude.

I hope that gets the ball rolling with some ideas for you.

Thanks. I did the country selection at the beginning with japan, germany, russia and china on one side, then australia, canada, USA, USAF on the other. But still the only countries that I can get vehiocles to work for a Japan and USAF.

Thanks for the other ideas, i'll use them :)

My specs:

- GTX980

- Intel i5-4690 CPU @3.5GHz

- 16GB ram

- 250GB SSD, plus 2 x 2TB HDD

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55