2.1 freezes or crashes when loading NTTR.

Art-J

Hello there.

So I've managed to download and install 2.1 update relatively quickly (3 hours :D), but unfortunately, I'm unable to test the new build on NTTR map (do not own Normandy for comparison).

Symptoms: the game loads OK, but during loading stock MiG-21, P-51 or Spitfire Cold Start missions, it either freezes on about 80% of map loading bar (usually), or flat out crashes to desktop immediately, with standard "DCS stopped working" Windows prompt (rarely);

Platform: overclocked i5, GTX1070 card with 368.81 drivers, single monitor, Windows 7 x64, no custom mods enabled, default "high" gfx preset loaded, Aero interface and VR features disabled, DCS installed on an SSD;

Things I tried: numerous reboots, cleanup & repair, deleting all data from Saved Games, waiting patiently for the map to load with a stopwatch (giving up after 10 minutes), reinstalling VC x64 libraries.

Logs: three sets of example logs attached. I'm not qualified to decipher these, but I'm surprised by quite a lot asset loading errors visible in them, including new terrain clipmaps. I'll happily wait for someone smarter to examine them better!

Was thinking about doing complete reinstall of the sim, but obviously it's not a good idea to do it this evening :D. Besides, I also had an impression, that cleanup and repairing itself should be enough (never had to reinstall in past years of playing DCS).

Cheers - Art

Logs 20 25.zip

Logs 21 15.zip

Logs 21 59.zip

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A bit of an update. After following other threads and updating NVidia drivers a couple of minutes ago, at least the P-51 and Spit Cold Start missions load up fine. Yay I guess, although noticeable fps drop on my 1070 is not a welcomed sight.

Can't play now, will test overall stability later.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.