FLickering tree shadows

Ratfink

Anyone else notice tree shadows when at low alt seem to appear & disappear, or flicker?

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

You are talking of Normandy? Yes, same experience and I have no clue how to eliminate them. Seems that my machine does not like settings to be set in NVIDIA control panel instead of ingame filtering - so I will have to stick with the ingame graphic settings.

On 1.5.7 I get it occasionally but not with the severity like in Normandy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

What needs to be eliminated is aliasing effects.

For example on the solar farms in Nevada, you see a moire pattern wandering over the area. It is so pronounced that you can clearly see it even on youtube videos. This makes it a class A target because many aliasing effects are much more subtle and only show up in the resolutions on the screen, but disappear in screenshots and videos.

MIP maps were invented for a reason and the texture resolution needs to be reduced, especially trees seen from 2000m do not need to show every single leaf if it only leads to flickering as if the trees were only bad holographic projections.