TGP in A/A mode

tordillo

Hello I’ve been flying the A10 for a long time but never could use the TGP in A/A mode.

Do you use the TGP in A/A mode?, if yes how do you use it, what is your search strategy?, do you use it for helicopters or planes?

I have tried to use it for search planes and helicopters but I couldn’t. Some advice please

Can you share some video where it is used?

Set the depressible pipper to the AA TGP boresight position, ie set the Depressible Pipper to 41 mils (3 degrees) (Press rocker switch downwards 41 times).

This will effectively make the DP a sight that you can use as a reference so that you always know where your TGP is looking in AA mode.

You then just search visually or with your trusty binoculars, locate your target and then 'fly' the sight onto the target. locking said target.

What you do with it then is up to you: Shoot it with guns or utilise a sidewinder. Slaving your sidewinder to the TGP boresight gives you the added benefit of launching off-boresight.

Here's a post I did years back - should still be applicable (humble apologies if not).......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1619631&postcount=2

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You could even go as far and lock a Maverick onto your victim. Did it once at an slow moving F-4 and blew it (well I literally send him right to hell) with my 65G out of the sky. It was the only ordnance on board I had left. Even the gun was empty. :D

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red