U22/A Question/Problem

WolfK33

Hey all,

I was fooling around with the Viggen´s Elint capability a bit today, placing a few EWR´s and Sams and flying around to detect them.

First I mistakenly used the U22 (without A) and results were not very good as, as I learned, then only the RWR detects signals.

So I changed to the U22/A:

At first I did a flight were I only passed the radars and not flew around them. Everything worked, but every now and then the "MOTVERK" warning light was blinking, which not happened with the U22. The manual says this indicates the "Status of countermeasures and radar warning system", which doesn´t help me much.

So the question is: What exactly is indicated by "MOTVERK".

And now for the problem:

I wanted to do another flight where I completely circle the radars. I reloaded my mission, did everything as before, but as soon as I turn the U22/A on / to mode A, the "KB-H/KA SL" light went on, which translates to "Right countermeasures pod empty / ECM pod failure".

This did not happen the first flight and I did everything as before, and it stayed this way with the following 10 tries.

I did not do the flight as I didn´t want to waste my time, so I can´t say if it would´ve recorded something.

Any ideas what this might be all about ?

Hi WolfK33!

Did you "quick-reload" it by pressing SHIFT+R (which is hard coded i.i.r.c), or did you move back to menu and then "load the mission again".

Maybe this makes a little difference, which in fact actually I only can guess.

I used the U22/A pod a longer time before recording some SAM nests, and it worked very well. But I cannot say if I re-loaded the mission at a certain point.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1

Hi,

I ended the mission with Escape->End and in the debriefing screen clicked "Fly" again. Hmm, maybe I should have "gone out" further, maybe that way there still was some leftover data from before that messed something up. Will try again later, after I´ve recovered from the numerous tries before lol.

U22/A Question/Problem

To engage the U22/A into active mode you need to set the left switch into B through E otherwise it is just listening. There are 15 different types of broadcasting modes by selecting from B/F to E/K.

The MOTVERK light indicates that the U22, U22/A and KB-pod is broadcasting or releasing chaff/flares. But in your case, as you’ve selected a passive listening mode it just indicates when the U22/A would have broadcasted if it was active.

The “KB-H/KA SL” indicates in your case that the U22/A was warming up (it needs 3 minutes warm-up). Otherwise it indicates out of countermeasure or that the U22 (not /A) is out of cooling fluid (after 40 minutes). To pre-warm the U22/A set it to A/F. To pre-warm the U22 set the left switch to B.

Be aware that operating the U22 is different from U22/A as setting it to “A” is the active mode on the U22 for example.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Hi RagnarDa,

thank your very much for the information. thumbup.gif

When I try again I will give it time to warm up. I still wonder why I didn´t see it on the first flight with the U22/A, but maybe I just didn´t notice it. Or maybe I was looking at the flight plan or something and only looked again when the light was already off or so.

Thanks for the great module btw !

Wolf