Nozzle lever strangeness.

98abaile

Just tested quickly with a logitech 3d pro with nozzle control mapped to buttons. I found during a landing attempt that at zero throttle I couldn't change the nozzle angle. Later on on the ground, with the nozzle at 80 I couldn't move the nozzle even with full throttle. This problem only occurred with buttons; I was able to move the lever no problem with the mouse.

Just tested quickly with a logitech 3d pro with nozzle control mapped to buttons. I found during a landing attempt that at zero throttle I couldn't change the nozzle angle. Later on on the ground, with the nozzle at 80 I couldn't move the nozzle even with full throttle. This problem only occurred with buttons; I was able to move the lever no problem with the mouse.

Ok. Will check.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

RAZBAM, this module is a winner :D

Yes, I've noticed the nozzles are ad-hoc unresponsive using the keys.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

The strangeness with nozzles is, if you hold in the nozzle down key for say 3 seconds after the nozzles reach zero. You have to hold in the nozzle up key for 3 secs before it responds. Which makes you think it’s not working, because it’s not instant. If that makes sense?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

The strangeness with nozzles is, if you hold in the nozzle down key for say 3 seconds after the nozzles reach zero. You have to hold in the nozzle up key for 3 secs before it responds. Which makes you think it’s not working, because it’s not instant. If that makes sense?

I have the same problem. I'll try the 3 seconds rule. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Beside the "3 seconds", sometimes the lever is blocked and doesn't reapond to the keys (mapped or from keyboard). Giving even a small movement with the mouse restores the keys functionality.

Not able to reproduce the causes at the moment.

This appears to be a problem with bounding / bounds checking. It appears that when using the button mappings, when the nozzle gets to one of the bounds (0deg/100deg), it doesn't prevent you from "increasing/decreasing" the nozzle angle, even when mechanically the nozzle can not move.