Camera Jiggle

Kuky

I thought about wather I should post this or not, because I don't know if this is possible to change, and weather ED would even conside changing if they could, but here it goes anyway...

I hate the way when the aircraft is shaking due to turbulence, or if I enable the Camera Jiggle while in cockpit... it's not just the aircraft airframe shaking, but the whole Earth as well! :music_whistling:

I mean while you sit in the cocpit, same as if you were sitting in a car, driving along the highway... if there is a bump on the road, yeah the car will go up/down and shake a bit... but surely the Earth doesn't :doh:

Is there any way that ED can chage this shake "function" to have the cockpit shake only? :huh:

No longer active in DCS...

But if you were sitting in a car, you i.e. the viewer or camera would shake as well in relation to the earth so it would appear to shake.

I think the jiggle is meant to appear as if an aircraft is being filmed from a chase aircraft and as both are shaking everything appears to shake in relation to the camera?

To make only the plane shake its flight model would have to be shaky which means changing a lot more.

Well the camera would shake... but don't forget that unlike camera's (well the older ones at least) human brain compensates for this. Also the newer personals cameras aslo have this shake comensation function that once turned on, if you run... the image on the camera is processed to minimise the shaking.

One example... when you go for a jog... when you run... do you feel like the ground is going up and down?

my point is... if you sit in a cocpit... your relative closenes to the frame of the aircraft will be too short for the brain to compensate for the shaking... but... the grouns is much further away and not noticeable at all... it would be nioticeable only ground in relation to cocpit frame. So what you would see (your brain is actually what produces and image... eyes are only lenses with light sensors in the back) is cockpit shaking relative to the earth.

Maybe I forgot that little point :P though I do sometimes notice it as I run (mainly cause i don't often run being lazy) and also those cameras don't work well enough to compensate for running - only enough for twitchy hands, so I'm kind of right also :P

Sort of related...how do you guys get that cool screen shaking, slow fly-by view up close? I know how to get just screen shake (shift J) but I can't figure out the rest. :dunno:

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

DFI Lanparty CFX 3200-DR/G

(2X) X1950XTX Crossfire@ 695 core

2048 OCZ PC 3200 Platinum (2-3-2-5)

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

:pilotfly:

Well first you extend the view to look from further out then you zoom in.

Oh also, I wasn't "complaining" about the shaking of gruond while in externals... but from cockpit. From that perspective the ground should not be shaking at all... only the aircraft airframe.

Kuky, you make a good point about view shaking in turbulences. In the game turbulences make the view angle shake up and down, while in reality your point of view moves up and down. This is a large difference, as in the latter case objects close to you ( the cockpit ) will shake around but things far away ( landscape ) will stay solid.

Hopefully with BS and it's 6dof cockpit we will have turbulences only affecting POV but not angle of view.

Well first you extend the view to look from further out then you zoom in.

Oh also, I wasn't "complaining" about the shaking of gruond while in externals... but from cockpit. From that perspective the ground should not be shaking at all... only the aircraft airframe.

Hmm maybe they expect your REAL eyes to adjust to the virtual shake? Seeing as the camera is fixed in its position in the current cockpits there is no other way then for everything to shake - maybe in black shark like you said with moveable heads and not just visual direction.

• 6 years later...