DIFERENCE BETWEEN TAKE OFF AND LANDING WATER SETTING

Badger633

Could someone explain what is the difference between the take off and landing water settings apart from the obvious.

What is the difference between their actual function and power produced.

I have , probably incorrectly, whilst landing switched from the landing to the take off water setting to get extra lift when the landing water setting could not maintain aircraft height. By using the take off water setting during the landing the aircraft height was then maintained.

Thanks for any help.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Could someone explain what is the difference between the take off and landing water settings apart from the obvious.

What is the difference between their actual function and power produced.

I have , probably incorrectly, whilst landing switched from the landing to the take off water setting to get extra lift when the landing water setting could not maintain aircraft height. By using the take off water setting during the landing the aircraft height was then maintained.

Thanks for any help.

[ATTACH]173544[/ATTACH]

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

In what setting? It shouldn't in TO, should continue in LDG.

No, water should always stop flowing above 250kts. You should get a H20 Sel caption above 250kts.

The only difference between the two modes is the JPT requirement in Land mode.

I've attached the water flow logic.

321990493_h20logic.thumb.jpg.d9a9d152384077a7d38fbfd2c0db25d2.jpg

Edited by robmlufc

It seems like it’s practical to always switch it on for TO or LAND because it kicks up the engine schedule even if you don’t go into high enough JPT and/or RPM for landing or TO. Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

No, water should always stop flowing above 250kts.

Well ok, then the scan posted by mvsgas is wrong about that. Although I can't quite make sense of the flow chart you posted, it seems it couldn't even express conditions like the one in mvsgas's description.

Well ok, then the scan posted by mvsgas is wrong about that. Although I can't quite make sense of the flow chart you posted, it seems it couldn't even express conditions like the one in mvsgas's description.

Mvsgas scan says exactly that water flows until airspeed exceeds 250kts.

DIFERENCE BETWEEN TAKE OFF AND LANDING WATER SETTING

Mvsgas scan says exactly that water flows until airspeed exceeds 250kts.

Deleted. Pointless response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer