Missing Liveries

Panzerfan

While screwing around with the editor I found that the liveries for the swiss air froce and basically all other nations except for US version were missing.

I tried switching nations but switzerland is missing in the editor

I even checked 2.2 beta release with the same result. the files are in the in the DCS directory however

I tested a couple of things.

In most modules the corresponding liverie will only show up if the correct country is selected, the Tiger is among them.

In the encyclopedia all the liveries show up. So i suspect that all the countrys that have liveries would need to be selectable in the mission editor to be usable

But I fear that, that is an ED-level problem...

Its not a problem ... when you create a new mission on the editor, the coalition selection windows should show up ... on that windows you can select to which side each country belongs.

So, if you are playing on the blue side, make sure to put Switzerland on the blue side ... then you will be able to create a Swiss F-5 on the blue side, and the liveries that have been marked as belonging to Switzerland, should show up.

Each livery has a lua file where there are a couple of lines like this:

name = "SLO - Slovenian Air Force Fictional (by Thor77)"

countries = {"USA","AUSAF","SLO"}

Name lets you specify the name that the livery shows up on the Mission Editor .. I like to put the country name first, so that all of a countrie's liveries show up together.

Countries lets you specify which countries can use this livery ... if you omit that line, every country can use it.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB